Windows 10: My Windows 10 welcome screen just after I enter the password takes about an hour yes, about...

Discus and support My Windows 10 welcome screen just after I enter the password takes about an hour yes, about... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 welcome screen just after I enter the password takes about an hour yes, about 60 minutes to go, that too, when it is installed on a WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ajay Wadhwa, Mar 23, 2021.

1. My Windows 10 welcome screen just after I enter the password takes about an hour yes, about...

My Windows 10 welcome screen just after I enter the password takes about an hour yes, about 60 minutes to go, that too, when it is installed on a WD Blue SSD...Only then, can I start working.

Facing this issue for about a month now... Before that, my system would boot up in less than one minute.

I have tried all three methods, described on MS forums, viz. cleaning all junk, disabling all apps at startup etc., but could not find any solution.

Would appreciate some help here.

:)

Ajay Wadhwa, Mar 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Keyboard issue when entering password after exiting screen saver

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in keyboard settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Is the issue occurring while booting to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if you are able to enter the password using On-Screen keyboard and also run hardware troubleshooter to check for any change in hardware settings.

Step 1: I recommend you to try to use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter the computer.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present on the bottom right corner of the screen.

3. Then select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.

4. Click on Password box and enter the password into it through On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using keyboard at the login page, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

My Windows 10 welcome screen just after I enter the password takes about an hour yes, about...

Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

My Windows 10 welcome screen just after I enter the password takes about an hour yes, about...

1. My Windows 10 welcome screen just after I enter the password takes about an hour yes, about... - Similar Threads - welcome screen enter

2. When I enter my password it loops with welcome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When I enter my password it loops with welcome: When I enter the pin it few dots move in a circle and it says "Welcome" next to it... I have tried restarting and I don't have access to this email id so winRE is a no... Have very important files on this pc...
  3. When I enter my password it loops with welcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I enter my password it loops with welcome: When I enter the pin it few dots move in a circle and it says "Welcome" next to it... I have tried restarting and I don't have access to this email id so winRE is a no... Have very important files on this pc...
  4. When I enter my password it loops with welcome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10, Lose ability to browse after about an hour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Lose ability to browse after about an hour: Good Morning - Since the last windows update, I loose the ability to browse the internet after around an hour of up time. It returns with a reboot.Please read before responding - I'm way past all the easy solutions like "reboot" or "flush DNS"Problem is NOT the router. All...
  6. About password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    About password: I just insert my username and password. But then they request microsoft password. I insert it but incorrect. Is it same password like second display? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-password/d749ae2e-3093-4eb4-be4e-b53eee4fb2df
  7. [Help] Windows 10 taking about 1-2 hours to load after reboot or shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Windows 10 taking about 1-2 hours to load after reboot or shutdown: I have done so much reading on Google but haven't been able to find something that works! I have few PC's at work that takes about 1-2 hours to boot into windows two of them have the HR software on it and I can't afford to format it right now because most of places are...
  8. Windows screen goes black after about an hour or so

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows screen goes black after about an hour or so: Hi so I was editing a project today and mid way through rendering. I find out it stops. No problem. Just relaunch the software. Right? Well I couldn't because my PC's screen suddenly went black with just a mouse curser. I've had this issue earlier today and I have no idea how...
  9. I keep having to enter my password about every 5 - 10 mins??

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep having to enter my password about every 5 - 10 mins??: I keep having to enter my password about every 5 - 10 mins?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-having-to-enter-my-password-about-every-5/3afc10d4-85da-47d2-8129-7ab156fc9342
  10. not just about Windws 10, but...

in Windows 10 Support
    not just about Windws 10, but...: Had my Dell PC crash after a year running 10. I got new hard drive and USB with OS/drivers to restore Windows 7.Problem is that I am unable to do some stuff, like add folders to start menu and move individual programs into them. 10 worked great while I had it, maybe it was...