Windows 10: My Windows 10 won't accept my password

Discus and support My Windows 10 won't accept my password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Windows 10 suddenly denied my password that I've been using since the beginning and I now I can't log in. I've tried resetting my password thrice... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by John Paul Escubido, Jan 16, 2020.

1. My Windows 10 won't accept my password

My Windows 10 suddenly denied my password that I've been using since the beginning and I now I can't log in. I've tried resetting my password thrice but there's still no success. I just safe booted my PC then this happened. I need help immediately. Thanks!

:)

John Paul Escubido, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

My Windows 10 won't accept my password

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

My Windows 10 won't accept my password

1. My Windows 10 won't accept my password - Similar Threads - won't accept password

2. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  3. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  4. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop won't accept my password

Laptop won't accept my password: What can i do. If i open my laptop and i type in my password it says password incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-my-password/3a25af04-6c56-4fe0-bc9d-afe86a6ae62a
  6. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...
  7. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...
  8. Log in screen won't accept my password

Log in screen won't accept my password: Hello, I booted up my laptop after a few months of it being away. I typed in my password but it said that the password was incorrect I was confused as I hadn't changed my password recently but either way I started the password recovery process. Confirmed my identity with...
  9. Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update

Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update: I left my boys laptop on overnight updating windows 10. In the morning when it started up the only account on the PC it wouldn't accept the password , said it was incorrect. I checked using the eye In case keyboard error was typing wrong key. Flight mode has been activated...
  10. Won't accept my password to log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Won't accept my password to log: It took the password when I went into the setup but won't accept it when I try to open Windows. Tells me my password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-my-password-to-log/debee611-0b98-4a7e-812d-d0462436a355"