Windows 10: My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

Discus and support My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I upgraded for free from windows 8 to windows 10 I got a digital license on my microsoft account but somehow I've deleted it when browsing through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JonatasAlexandre, Mar 14, 2019.

1. My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

When I upgraded for free from windows 8 to windows 10 I got a digital license on my microsoft account but somehow I've deleted it when browsing through my account. At the time I contacted the support and was told that once I reinstalled Windows 10 I'd get my license back in my microsoft account but it doesn't look like it. I've just installed Windows 10 but besides it being registered on my computer it doesn't seem to be registered on my Microsoft account as well.

I've tried the "Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change" but there is not option to "Add an account" in the Activation page. what should I do now?

:)

JonatasAlexandre, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account. :(

Zakin, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

1. My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - won't link Microsoft

2. Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked before if so, please provide a link. My mother bought me a laptop a few years ago with windows 10 installed, then I created a Microsoft account. I'm going to build a computer. Will I be able to use it on a new computer after...
  3. Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10: Issue:I have a microsoft account linked to my local account on my windows 10 computer. I don't remember the password. I've tried resetting it where MS reviews information I've submitted to verify it's me. They say they can't verify my ID so I want to link my local ID with a...
  4. Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation

Windows won't link my microsoft account with my product activation: I have tried sign out of the Microsoft account and sign back in but it won't link the account any ideas? [ATTACH] Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-link-my-microsoft-account-with-my/255d6c4e-335b-455a-a67c-9807e115f7bc
  5. Windows 10 mail won't link to my ionos account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail won't link to my ionos account: Hi all I've just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I've been trying for 3 days to get the Mail app to link to my Ionos email account but I keep getting the message that the account needs attention. I've checked all the passwords even changed them with...
  6. Outlook won't open links after updating my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook won't open links after updating my Microsoft Account: I kept receiving the Windows notification: "We need you to fix your MS account most likely your password changed". I created a Microsoft account. Now I can't open links from my Outlook 2016 email. I get the following message: "Your organization's policies are preventing...
  7. Problem to link my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 licence

Problem to link my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 licence: Hi I am having trouble to link my Windows 10 licence to my Microsoft account. The licence is activated with a digital licence, but not linked to my Microsoft account it says. To be clear. I have achieved nr 1, but I want nr 2. 1: " Windows is activated with a digital...
  8. Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account: To be short: I am wondering about the pros and cons of linking my Windows 10 to my MS account. And, I am unclear if doing that will change my login to my local Windows 10 installation. (My desk top with win10.) I currently use a local pw (administrator). Thanks for any...
  9. Windows License linked to my Microsoft account

Windows License linked to my Microsoft account: Hello. Im in the process of rebuilding a new PC. Only 1 thing was gonna be brought forward and it was my 1 TB seagate drive and well .. my dog chewed and slobbered on it for 8 hours while i was at work and its literally unusable i lost everything. Im a novice in this world...
  10. Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question

Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question: OK, I have quite a few PC's all upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8. I have roughly 11 or 12 that are used at various points. So my question is, Can I link all those systems with genuine windows 10 upgrade digital license to the same Microsoft account? I don't want to...