Windows 10: My Windows 10 won't update

Discus and support My Windows 10 won't update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help with an issue that I've been facing for months now and I really need someone's help. My issue is that my Windows 10 will not update due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rhys Wookey, Dec 30, 2019.

1. My Windows 10 won't update

I need help with an issue that I've been facing for months now and I really need someone's help.

My issue is that my Windows 10 will not update due to a problem I may have caused this to happen. What I done a couple months back was my computer stopped working for a random reason and it didn't start up and kept on popping up with this sad face saying 'the pc ran into a problem'. So I decided to keep restarting it until it opened up the Windows desktop which it did. My Windows 10 update was ready but it skipped a little bit of it and it came up with an error code. I then decided to do a system restore which was a silly thing for me to do and now after I did the system restore, the windows update still didn't work. I knew I couldn't do a system restore as you have to wait for a certain amount of time to do it again. So I decided to uninstall an update which made it worse. I also tried to reset my computer completely but after a long wait, it said that it couldn't do it due to an error and it didn't change anything.

After a while, I received a feature update for Windows 10 Version 1909, so I decided to update it to that but it came up with a different error code. It also skips a little bit of the update at the start and goes straight to 11%. Once it does that, it then finishes at 21% but doesn't finish the rest of this update due to an error and it also shows up the same error code.

It now says 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.'

It then shows this message below 'There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later.'

The update I have been trying to install for months is a Windows 10 1903 Cumulative update and the error code is 0x80070057.

The update is '2019-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4530684'

I'm hoping someone can help me as I am able to do intelligence updates for Windows Anti Virus but cannot do Cumulative or Feature updates.

Overall I believe I have done something which made my system confused. Apart from that everything on my computer is working fine.

So I'm hoping someone could help me with this problem as I have been facing this issue for more than 3 Months now.

:)

Rhys Wookey, Dec 30, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. My Windows 10 won't update

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

My Windows 10 won't update

1. My Windows 10 won't update - Similar Threads - won't update

2. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading: For some reason I decided to run driverpack on my pc more than a month ago and as a result it installed a bunch of random software including but not limited to Opera and an app named "Weather". I caught on and stopped driverpack and ran McAfee which detected the threats and...
  3. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading: For some reason I decided to run driverpack on my pc more than a month ago and as a result it installed a bunch of random software including but not limited to Opera and an app named "Weather". I caught on and stopped driverpack and ran McAfee which detected the threats and...
  4. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...: Almost everytime I do windows 11 or AMD graphics driver updates that require a restart windows boots and lets me log in but the desktop is unresponsive I've tried every trick in the book to get it to respond and the only fix I've found is to restart the computer in safe mode...
  6. Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...

Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...: Almost everytime I do windows 11 or AMD graphics driver updates that require a restart windows boots and lets me log in but the desktop is unresponsive I've tried every trick in the book to get it to respond and the only fix I've found is to restart the computer in safe mode...
  7. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...
  8. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...
  9. I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...: Did anyone encounter it?Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forced-to-turn-off-my-laptop-when-i-update-a/f9363da5-ba7f-4203-a4dd-d354d26839f6
  10. I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...

I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...: Did anyone encounter it?Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forced-to-turn-off-my-laptop-when-i-update-a/f9363da5-ba7f-4203-a4dd-d354d26839f6