Windows 10: My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...

Discus and support My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a new HP Spectre 14 inch running Windows 11 and have noticed that the battery icon in the taskbar always shows a little lightning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by -Gareth-, May 20, 2024.

1. -Gareth- Win User

My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...

Hi, I recently bought a new HP Spectre 14 inch running Windows 11 and have noticed that the battery icon in the taskbar always shows a little lightning icon, which I believe indicates that it is charging, although the laptop is always plugged in, the battery is fully charged and the laptop is not performing any strenuous task.Based on past laptops and another Windows 11 laptop I have access to, my expectation is that when the laptop is fully charged and plugged, that icon should change to a battery and with a little plug icon in the corner. My concern is whether the current icon indicates som

:)

-Gareth-, May 20, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

battery not charging on my hp notebook

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that your laptop’s battery is not charging. We would like to know, if you get a message stating plugged in not charging when hovering the mouse over the battery icon.

If you see the message plugged in not charging, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Battery.
    3. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP articles

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)
    and

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 21, 2024
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 21, 2024
  4. My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...

Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery what should my next steps be? - fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged? - charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery? - suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, May 21, 2024
Thema:

My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...

1. My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even... - Similar Threads - 2024 Spectre inch

2. My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...: Hi, I recently bought a new HP Spectre 14 inch running Windows 11 and have noticed that the battery icon in the taskbar always shows a little lightning icon, which I believe indicates that it is charging, although the laptop is always plugged in, the battery is fully charged...
  3. Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in?: Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-of-my-hp-laptop-not-charging-even-plugged/468b05a8-318d-4b3a-972a-264899e8c079
  4. Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in?: Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-of-my-hp-laptop-not-charging-even-plugged/468b05a8-318d-4b3a-972a-264899e8c079
  5. Device battery status is always charging, even when not actually charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device battery status is always charging, even when not actually charging: My laptop Razer Blade 13 is currently persistently displaying that the battery is charging, regardless of whether or not it actually is. I've attempted restarting the device, reinstalling the drivers for "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and "Microsoft AC...
  6. Device battery status is always charging, even when not actually charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device battery status is always charging, even when not actually charging: My laptop Razer Blade 13 is currently persistently displaying that the battery is charging, regardless of whether or not it actually is. I've attempted restarting the device, reinstalling the drivers for "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and "Microsoft AC...
  7. Battery Charging Indicator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Charging Indicator: As the PC power level drops below a certain level an message appears to "plug in the charger", a few seconds later another message appears "shutting down the computer". By the time I plug in the power supply the computer has shut down To assist me in paying more attention...
  8. battery not charging indicator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not charging indicator: Hello. Not sure which topic this should be posted under; please redirect me if need be. After updating a couple of days ago, the battery indicator says "XX% available (plugged in, not charging). I tested the battery and there doesn't appear to be any fault. I'm guessing...
  9. My battery is always "not charging".

My battery is always "not charging".: Hi, I just bought a laptop a few days ago and my battery is always "not charging". It doesn't decrease but also not increase any %. This is my screenshot. [ATTACH] Please help me. Thank you a lot....
  10. Tablet seems dead, but battery indicator shows charged.

Tablet seems dead, but battery indicator shows charged.: I have a cheap Windows 10 (upgraded) tablet. It is a Best Buy Unbranded model UB15MS10. It has been having problems starting up and the battery seems weak even though the battery charge indicator shows near full. When plugged in to the charger the red charging indicator...