Windows 10: My Windows 11 PC is going to sleep much faster than the settings should allow.

Discus and support My Windows 11 PC is going to sleep much faster than the settings should allow. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer is going to sleep in 60 seconds even when plugged in. This is a new issue, and I'm almost positive I have not made any changes to cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wesw32, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Wesw32 Win User

My Windows 11 PC is going to sleep much faster than the settings should allow.

My computer is going to sleep in 60 seconds even when plugged in. This is a new issue, and I'm almost positive I have not made any changes to cause this. I have checked the settings in Power & Battery. I have checked my screensaver settings. I have made sure all my drivers are up to date. I'm not sure what troubleshooting step I should try next.

:)

Wesw32, Feb 12, 2024

2. PC wakes up immediately after going into Sleep mode and also immediately after shutting down!

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Ensure the Sleep setting is set to a desired value.
    • Have a look under Additional power settings.
    • Select Change Plan Settings next to the option that you have selected.
    • Select Change advanced power settings.
    • On the Power Options screen, expand each setting and ensure that they allow the computer to go to sleep mode. If the option under
      Multimedia settings > When sharing media was set to
      Prevent idling to sleep, set this to Allow the computer to sleep or just hit the
      Restore plan defaults button and that should toggle all items to where sleeping is allowed in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 12, 2024
  3. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 12, 2024
  4. My Windows 11 PC is going to sleep much faster than the settings should allow.

Windows 11 Power > Sleep settings not working - PC will not go into sleep mode after set times

Hi,

Just got a brand new PC and upgraded to Windows 11 as part of the setup. On Windows 11 the PC will not go into sleep mode. I have tried several suggestions but don't want to change much since a brand new PC with little change or installs. Is this a known bug and will MS provide an update/fix?

A few weeks after this posting and thanks to the many contributions, the issue manifests with a number of third party software (Seagate, Norton, and others), tools, common utilities, and peripherals (Bluetooth settings, headsets, wtc.). In the end all these seem to work fine in previous versions on Windows. I don't believe the issue is related to the individual tools / software / configurations reported, rather with Windows 11. However, we have not seen any feedback from MS on the issue.

GuillermoTB, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

My Windows 11 PC is going to sleep much faster than the settings should allow.

1. My Windows 11 PC is going to sleep much faster than the settings should allow. - Similar Threads - going sleep much

2. my pc fan is spinning faster than before

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my pc fan is spinning faster than before: i have a 10-year-old HP pc and i have been using it without any problemsbut then my pc starts shutting down suddenly even when it’s not doing anythingso i tried to disassemble the pc parts to clean out the dust and reassemble it after that the pc fan starts to spinning way...
  3. Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.: In overall general use please confirm that Windows 11 drains the battery far faster than Windows 10? If you confirm this, I can stop trying to optimise the system.In other responses Microsoft justifies the poor battery usage on Windows 11 by suggesting that the system is...
  4. Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 drains batter much faster than Windows 10.: In overall general use please confirm that Windows 11 drains the battery far faster than Windows 10? If you confirm this, I can stop trying to optimise the system.In other responses Microsoft justifies the poor battery usage on Windows 11 by suggesting that the system is...
  5. Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend: My friend with AMD 7800 xt & Ryzen 7 7700x & 32GB RAM 6k Mhz Speed agrees that windows 10 works for him without any of the lags he had on win11 and it just feels so much smoother.Apps opening, apps using, system apps using, etc. It's just so much faster and Win10 has an...
  6. Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend

Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend: My friend with AMD 7800 xt & Ryzen 7 7700x & 32GB RAM 6k Mhz Speed agrees that windows 10 works for him without any of the lags he had on win11 and it just feels so much smoother.Apps opening, apps using, system apps using, etc. It's just so much faster and Win10 has an...
  7. My Windows 11 PC is going to sleep much faster than the settings should allow.

My Windows 11 PC is going to sleep much faster than the settings should allow.: My computer is going to sleep in 60 seconds even when plugged in. This is a new issue, and I'm almost positive I have not made any changes to cause this. I have checked the settings in Power & Battery. I have checked my screensaver settings. I have made sure all my drivers...
  8. It doesn’t look like Windows 11 is much faster than Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    It doesn’t look like Windows 11 is much faster than Windows 10: The general crappiness of Windows updates is so well-known these days that it has become a bit of a cliched meme. They often don’t work and sometimes even harm device performance. It is understandable then why many people try to avoid Windows updates but it seems even more so...
  9. PC going to sleep mode earlier than it is set for

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC going to sleep mode earlier than it is set for: I have my sleep settings set to go to sleep mode after 5 hours when plugged in. However, it seems to just ignore that and goes to sleep in around 10 minutes. Is this a common issue? And is there a fix? Thanks. submitted by /u/Joegamerbro [link] [comments]...
  10. Edge not faster than IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not faster than IE 11: Edge is not any faster than IE 11 on my laptop with SSD. Google Chrome has it by a mile! Even Firefox beats it hands down. The fact that Edge will not likely have any extensions to test by July 29 is a huge deception. After all, people who have computers live in their...