Windows 10: my windows 7 operating system can not update. i tried everything i could

Discus and support my windows 7 operating system can not update. i tried everything i could in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my windows update is not working i already tried everything i know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J.R.D_003, May 26, 2023.

1. J.R.D_003 Win User

my windows 7 operating system can not update. i tried everything i could

my windows update is not working i already tried everything i know

:)

J.R.D_003, May 26, 2023

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, May 26, 2023
  3. Mussels Win User
    About windows 7

vista drivers do work in windows 7, so what they say is your only option at the moment.

As for official AGP drivers coming out for windows 7: i find it unlikely. AGP is old and dead, and windows 7 is the latest and greatest operating system. companies arent going to be spending any time and money writing drivers for hardware that such a small percentage of their owners are using - i'd suggest looking at a PCI-E update as soon as possible, if you intend to use windows 7 primarily.

Mussels, May 26, 2023
  4. my windows 7 operating system can not update. i tried everything i could

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 26, 2023
Thema:

my windows 7 operating system can not update. i tried everything i could

1. my windows 7 operating system can not update. i tried everything i could - Similar Threads - operating system update

2. i can not update my windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can not update my windows 7: Every time I try to install a new Windows update, the system shows me a message that Windows cannot search for any available updates.What can I do? Please respond....
  3. i can not update my windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can not update my windows 7: Every time I try to install a new Windows update, the system shows me a message that Windows cannot search for any available updates.What can I do? Please respond....
  4. my windows 7 operating system can not update. i tried everything i could

my windows 7 operating system can not update. i tried everything i could: my windows update is not working i already tried everything i know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-7-operating-system-can-not-update-i/84c04a4d-d2aa-4454-80a5-fa0c113f60e2
  5. Can i dualboot on older operating system specifically Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i dualboot on older operating system specifically Windows 7: Can i dualboot Windows 7 on my Windows 10 PC? I don't have an ISO yet but i will soon. if i can't dualboot an older operating system i think i can use EasyBCD to add an entry i also have a product keyI found an ISO:...
  6. Can i dualboot on older operating system specifically Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i dualboot on older operating system specifically Windows 7: Can i dualboot Windows 7 on my Windows 10 PC? I don't have an ISO yet but i will soon. if i can't dualboot an older operating system i think i can use EasyBCD to add an entry i also have a product keyI found an ISO:...
  7. Can i dualboot on older operating system specifically Windows 7

8. I can not find camera device on my WINDOWS 7. i tried everything but it says that it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not find camera device on my WINDOWS 7. i tried everything but it says that it is not...: i can not find camera device on my WINDOWS 7. i tried everything but it says that it is not avaliable. please helppp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-find-camera-device-on-my-windows-7-i/597dbc64-4387-4357-85b5-ed1d9cb17000
  9. I can not find camera device on my WINDOWS 7. i tried everything but it says that it is not...

I can not find camera device on my WINDOWS 7. i tried everything but it says that it is not...: i can not find camera device on my WINDOWS 7. i tried everything but it says that it is not avaliable. please helppp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-find-camera-device-on-my-windows-7-i/597dbc64-4387-4357-85b5-ed1d9cb17000
  10. I've tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've tried everything I can: I have looked on multiple threads trying to fix this but they don't work. There is a search bar at the top of my screen and it isn't part of a 3rd party software I've searched for it already. and I don't know what to do. Please help it is driving me insane.[ATTACH]...