Windows 10: My Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10 so do not have any Product Key.

Discus and support My Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10 so do not have any Product Key. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Home was upgraded from Windows 7 Home in about 2016. Recently my Windows 10 crashed and need to reinstall. My questions are: 1. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JAYESHSHETH, Sep 4, 2019.

1. My Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10 so do not have any Product Key.

My Windows 10 Home was upgraded from Windows 7 Home in about 2016. Recently my Windows 10 crashed and need to reinstall. My questions are:

1. Since upgraded from Windows 7 I do not have Product Key. From where shall I get that product Key?

2. Need I download New Edition of Windows 10 (October 2018) under Media Creation?

3. Can use Media Creation tool from another Computer since my Windows 10 PC is crashed and I am helpless?

:)

JAYESHSHETH, Sep 4, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 4, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

My Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10 so do not have any Product Key.

windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

My Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10 so do not have any Product Key.

1. My Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10 so do not have any Product Key. - Similar Threads - was upgraded Product

2. window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 7 product key: I have a new laptop with windows 10. But it now about 6 months after purchase requires me to enter a product key or buy office. I have the product key for windows 7 which still works on an old laptop. But that key number is not recognized by my windows 10 laptop. What am I...
  3. Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key: I recently have a clean install of windows 11 on my computer. I have one windows 7 home basic and one windows 7 professional product key. I tried activated it with the windows 7 pro key but it didn't work, while retry with the windows 7 home basic key did activate the...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key: I recently have a clean install of windows 11 on my computer. I have one windows 7 home basic and one windows 7 professional product key. I tried activated it with the windows 7 pro key but it didn't work, while retry with the windows 7 home basic key did activate the...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. This is an old laptop which I'm trying to salvage. Unfortunately the sticker containing the key is gone. Is there anyway to retrieve the product key in a safe manner ? I want to avoid suspicious Third party...
  6. Upgraded hardware, only Windows 7 product key of my upgraded Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hardware, only Windows 7 product key of my upgraded Windows 10: Hi, I have an issue that I run an old system which was set up with Windows 7 Home and some time ago was upgraded to Windows 10 when it became obligatory. Two weeks ago I upgraded essentially my power pack (CPU, RAM, GPU, mainboard) and wanted to keep my system but now...
  7. Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key: Hi all, I am using a laptop with activated Windows 7, is it possible to upgrade my operating system to win 10 with the product key of windows 7? Can I do that for free? Thanks....
  8. Windows 7 to 10 product keys

Windows 7 to 10 product keys: Hi, I previously had a Windows 7 Home Premium which came pre installed on my laptop. Over the years, since, I've taken advantage of the free win 10 upgrade when it was available, and I upgraded my laptop. Everything has been great until recently, when due to some software...
  9. Windows 7 product key not working when upgrading to Windows 10

Windows 7 product key not working when upgrading to Windows 10: I upgraded my Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10 when it was for free. Unfortunately, I had to reformat my SSD, replaced my motherboard, and clean installed Windows 7 using my original disc. I then tried to upgrade using the Windows Media Creation Tool where I just downloaded in...
  10. Find Windows 7 Product Key after Windows 10 Upgrade

Find Windows 7 Product Key after Windows 10 Upgrade: One of my customers donated an old tower to me. It had windows 7 on it, but was Upgraded to 10, and I think 10 Clobbered it so it would not run...but cannot be sure. I fixed it and it is running pretty well with 10, but I might like to install Windows 7 on here also at some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded to win 10 from win 7 had to reload from win 10 boot now wont activate