Windows 10: My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me...

Discus and support My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yea_okay_dude [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yea_okay_dude, Mar 24, 2020.

1. My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me...

/u/yea_okay_dude, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

I can't change my account type to administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create a new user account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Mar 24, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me...

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me...

1. My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me... - Similar Threads - account administrator type

2. My pc tells me that im not the administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc tells me that im not the administrator: Hi so a frind of mine build my pc and now when i try to do something like deleate a program or smth it shows me "Only administrator can do this and your not an administrator" how can i fix that?...
  3. My pc tells me that im not the administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc tells me that im not the administrator: Hi so a frind of mine build my pc and now when i try to do something like deleate a program or smth it shows me "Only administrator can do this and your not an administrator" how can i fix that?...
  4. My pc tells me that im not the administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I forgot my Administrator account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my Administrator account password: On my Windows 11 Laptop I forgot the password for the main administrator account but I know the pin. How can I reset this password without remembering the old one? Also if I reset PC if I click on remove everything will it erase windows from my computer as well and if not and...
  6. I forgot my Administrator account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my Administrator account password: On my Windows 11 Laptop I forgot the password for the main administrator account but I know the pin. How can I reset this password without remembering the old one? Also if I reset PC if I click on remove everything will it erase windows from my computer as well and if not and...
  7. I forgot my Administrator account password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it...: You know, just in case it isn't some sort of a virus that might have infested my comp... submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnh61s/windows_tells_me_theres_problem_with_my_account/
  9. Remotely type administrator password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remotely type administrator password?: So I work from home, and I have Microsoft Screen Time running on my son's windows 10 pc. He is using a standard user account, and does not know the admin password to the computer. He often needs to install programs or files for school, and every time he does, I need to go...
  10. Types of Administrator Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Types of Administrator Accounts: Carbonite considers Local Admin. Acct. a "Users" account. It is configured needing me to be the Administrator. Is this the "Hidden" Administrator Account? Just re-set PC to factory settings, skipped registration etc. I named PC is about it and I am Local Account...