Windows 10: My windows activation key is not working.

Discus and support My windows activation key is not working. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i bought this windows 10 key and when i tried to activate it it didn't work, it said it was the wrong code or something like that. I bought an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FrodeCN, Jul 25, 2019.

1. FrodeCN Win User

My windows activation key is not working.

So i bought this windows 10 key and when i tried to activate it it didn't work, it said it was the wrong code or something like that. I bought an english version of windows and i am using Windows Home N, does that maybe have something to do with it?

:)

FrodeCN, Jul 25, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Jul 25, 2019
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. My windows activation key is not working. - Similar Threads - activation key working

2. windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation key not working: i have deactivated it on my old pc and am now trying to activate it on this one it says it's wrong but i tested it and the code im putting in is working and i know its genuine since i have used it for many years error code: 0x803FA067...
  3. windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation key not working: i have deactivated it on my old pc and am now trying to activate it on this one it says it's wrong but i tested it and the code im putting in is working and i know its genuine since i have used it for many years error code: 0x803FA067...
  4. windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows key activation not working.

Windows key activation not working.: I recently build a PC and bought a windows 10 home key and activate it, but after 10 minutes the watermark pop up again and windows settings say I dont have windows activated, I went to put the key again but the key is not valid anymore....
  6. My windows activation key isn't working

My windows activation key isn't working: I'm booting windows 10 pro onto a new pc. The license key I have is from someone else I know who bought it a while ago and used it on his laptop. The activation key works for 5 uses. I installed windows off a usb and put in the license key, and it worked until I tried to...
  7. Windows Activation Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Activation Key Not Working: So I just recently found my activation key. I put it into both the store product key as well as the 'change product key' but neither would except my activation key, giving me this error message 'The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or...
  8. Windows Activation Key is not working

Windows Activation Key is not working: I just bought a CyberPower Gaming PC with a clean installation of Windows 10 Home 1909, and in the bottom right of my screen it says "Activate Windows" and when I enter the product key, it says that the product key doesn't work with this version of Windows. I've tried trouble...
  9. Windows key activation not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows key activation not working: I had to reinstall windows on my pc after my previous license "expired" so I bought a new one and installed it via USB and after all that process the "Activate WIndows. Go to Settings to activate Windows" watermark dissapeared but when I go to settings it still says my...
  10. Windows Activation Key not Working

Windows Activation Key not Working: So i bought a new PC. I deactivated my old Windows key. I Installed windows and everything, and then they asked for the key. No problem, i just typed in that key and it was ok for 2 days. After that my PC started to have that watermark "activate windows" etc. Now i cant...