Windows 10: My Windows and Linux dualboot gives a BSOD on windows 10 startup.

Discus and support My Windows and Linux dualboot gives a BSOD on windows 10 startup. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My computer has been damaged. Here are some things that have happened:Whenever I start my computer, it says "Entering setup" in yellow text, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows-10-Is-Awesome, Apr 29, 2021.

1. My Windows and Linux dualboot gives a BSOD on windows 10 startup.

Hi, My computer has been damaged. Here are some things that have happened:Whenever I start my computer, it says "Entering setup" in yellow text, so I have to press F12 to enter boot options. When booting from my hard drive space, I cannot boot to windows because it gives me a BSOD that says "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE"Ubuntu works fine "I am posting this topic on ubuntu"On the dualboot screen it says "Windows on /dev/sda2 . When I list things in /dev, it shows sda2 is there, but when I run cd sda2 , it gives an error that that folder does not exist. See herekoolkoder@koolkoder-OptiPlex-9

:)

Windows-10-Is-Awesome, Apr 29, 2021

2. Bluetooth and dualboot with Linux

I have a common web-developer setup: dualboot of Linux (Arch) for work and Windows for entertainment. And I have bluetooth headphones (Sennheiser HD1 Wireless), that can bee connected to two devices. But there is a problem.

If I pair my headphones on windows, they are not recognized anymore on the linux. If I "unpair" them on linux and reboot into windows, it's not being recognize on windows anymore (so I have to unpair again and re-find the device again). I have been doing
    that for 6 months and it has become .. emm ... mildly infuriating.

It feels like I have each OS using the same bluetooth "device id" but using a different "secret" for connection.

So, I have to options:

• change the device ID in one operating system (same way as MAC addresses for network adapters)
    • make sure that both OSes use the same "secret"
    Is one of these options available on Windows (what I have a legal 10 Home version ... or non-professional version)? Or should I try to fix this on the Linux side? Are there any tutorials for this you can link me to? Or some google keywords?

Buying second pair of headphones is NOT a good option.

Mārtiņš Tereško, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

My Windows and Linux dualboot gives a BSOD on windows 10 startup.

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

My Windows and Linux dualboot gives a BSOD on windows 10 startup.

1. My Windows and Linux dualboot gives a BSOD on windows 10 startup. - Similar Threads - Linux dualboot BSOD

2. Corrupted drive while trying to dualboot linux

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted drive while trying to dualboot linux: I was trying to install Linux mint I put my hdd as my efi system partition and formatted it to ext4 it says my files are there but I can't click on it says no access formatting it back doesn't work either and it's still nuts please help...
  3. Corrupted drive while trying to dualboot linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted drive while trying to dualboot linux: I was trying to install Linux mint I put my hdd as my efi system partition and formatted it to ext4 it says my files are there but I can't click on it says no access formatting it back doesn't work either and it's still nuts please help...
  4. DualBoot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DualBoot Windows 10: i have hdd with windows 10 installed on it and i just got myself a ssd today since there's still some data left on my old windows i chose to dualboot my windows installation on my ssd so it's much easier to move my data later on. but something weird happened, the system drive...
  5. Keep fast startup On in Dualboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep fast startup On in Dualboot.: Hi I have a Dualboot system with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 . I was experiencing very slow boot, restart and shutdown and I solved this problem by enabling Faststartup in Windows and now everything is perfect but I came to know that Keeping on Faststartup On in Dualboot...
  6. How to dualboot WIndows 10 with Linux mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dualboot WIndows 10 with Linux mint: Hello, I wanted to know how do I dualboot Windows 10 with Linux mint, I have been extremely dissatisfied with Windows 10, I am dual booting to try Linux mint if it is easy for me I will replace Windows 10 with it...
  7. Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.: I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a...
  8. Dualboot, linux won't start. What to do?

Dualboot, linux won't start. What to do?: hey-ho i have a dualboot with windows and linux for quite a long time now more exactly was the Ubuntu i thought the 18.04 or the 20.04 i can't say exactly because of the error Anyway, yesterday it was still working, I used my laptop to work and now this morning after the...
  9. Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?

Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?: How do I set up the function described in the title? Windows 10 installed Linux mint cinnamon installed Restart leads directly to windows lock screen Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?
  10. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux: Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10? Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows booting, an MS screen (blue) appears asking me to choose between two different Windows 8.1 installations. One of them is in fact...