Windows 10: my windows appears to be formatted

Discus and support my windows appears to be formatted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i started my laptop and suddenly everything on my computer has been formatted ..... the desktop is clean , the files pictures , downloads.....etc i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by almahasaud, Mar 24, 2020.

1. my windows appears to be formatted

i started my laptop and suddenly everything on my computer has been formatted ..... the desktop is clean , the files pictures , downloads.....etc

i thought it formatted itself but when i opened the " this PC " file the storage is as the same before 400gb free out of 915gb

so i checked Users> my user and found all of my files but i cant open any of them !

and when i tried to use netflix that is originally installed on the PC it wont work ! nothing will open except for search engines!

if anybody has an idea on how to fix this and get to my files please tell me i have so many important files

:)

almahasaud, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 24, 2020
  3. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Mar 24, 2020
  4. my windows appears to be formatted

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

my windows appears to be formatted

1. my windows appears to be formatted - Similar Threads - appears formatted

2. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "it appears that we dont support this file format": So, i found some CD's with photos taken on camera like 15 years ago and some pics work and i can see them but they mostly dont and it just says "it appears that we dont support this file format" its really important for me to see these pics if you could help me i would be...
  3. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "it appears that we dont support this file format": So, i found some CD's with photos taken on camera like 15 years ago and some pics work and i can see them but they mostly dont and it just says "it appears that we dont support this file format" its really important for me to see these pics if you could help me i would be...
  4. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Under regional format settings, none of the dropdown menu's appear, not even shortly.. i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Under regional format settings, none of the dropdown menu's appear, not even shortly.. i...: in this image i clicked on the short time, which is suppose to open a dropdown menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/under-regional-format-settings-none-of-the/8a416cb9-9d7d-4114-887b-4148d121e884
  6. Under regional format settings, none of the dropdown menu's appear, not even shortly.. i...

Under regional format settings, none of the dropdown menu's appear, not even shortly.. i...: in this image i clicked on the short time, which is suppose to open a dropdown menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/under-regional-format-settings-none-of-the/8a416cb9-9d7d-4114-887b-4148d121e884
  7. Why are some of my emails now just appearing as script instead of the usual format of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some of my emails now just appearing as script instead of the usual format of...: Version 16005.14326.20970.0 is used. I have made not changes to settings as far as I am aware but some emails now just show as script and are unreadable....
  8. Why are some of my emails now just appearing as script instead of the usual format of...

Why are some of my emails now just appearing as script instead of the usual format of...: Version 16005.14326.20970.0 is used. I have made not changes to settings as far as I am aware but some emails now just show as script and are unreadable....
  9. Why are some of my emails now just appearing as script instead of the usual format of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. It appears that we don't support this file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It appears that we don't support this file format: I've managed to recover photos inadvertently deleted from the Recycle Bin - by using SysTools Hard Drive Data RecoveryThey won't open- yet the file name appears to be identical to othersI use Windows 10 and I imagine the normal Photos AppWhat do I do to remedy??...