Windows 10: My windows are maximising below the task bar

Discus and support My windows are maximising below the task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my surface laptop, in that maximised windows will hide the bottom centimetre behind the taskbar. It didn't happen when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ImogenGalilee, Aug 20, 2019.

1. My windows are maximising below the task bar

Hello,

I have a problem with my surface laptop, in that maximised windows will hide the bottom centimetre behind the taskbar. It didn't happen when I first got the computer, but at one point I toggled the taskbar to 'hide', so I could see more of a programme. Then I switched that feature off, so it's always showing (which is what I want), but since that point the maximised window has continued to act as though there is no taskbar there.

This is a problem particularly when I am writing and need to keep track of my 'word count' at the bottom of the screen, but also visiting various webpages where content fixed to the bottom of the window is hidden. Etc.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

ImogenGalilee, Aug 20, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Taskbar not Maximising Tasks - Windows 10

I have an issue where certain items in my taskbar are not maximising when opening and are locked in a minimised state on the taskbar. Tried the CCleaner, System Maintenance and SFC suggestions (from the file explorer not responding posts) and the unpinning
    and disabling snap suggestions (on taskbar items not maximising posts for older versions of Windows) with no luck. This was actually a problem I had a while back near release of Windows 10, but then I had Edge and the actual startup menu not responding either.
    Got to the point where I got sick of tinkering and reinstalled Windows 10 - in hindsight I should have probably reverted to Windows 7. It worked for a while, but file explorer stopped working again a few days ago and today my EA Origin has stopped maximising. It's
    weird as it appears in QuickView (by hovering over the File Explorer/Origin icon in the toolbar), but it just won't maximize - doesn't respond at all.

Any suggestions as to what else I can try would be greatly appreciated before more items stop maximising and I'm stuck with reinstalling Windows for another time. Thank you!

Psykhosis007, Aug 20, 2019
  4. DonCarran Win User

My windows are maximising below the task bar

Why is it with Windows 10 that programs cannot be maximised from the task bar?

First it was windows file explorer. I have fixed this, now I cannot maximise the task manager?

DonCarran, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

My windows are maximising below the task bar

1. My windows are maximising below the task bar - Similar Threads - are maximising below

2. On my laptop main display there is a black area almost an inch below the task bar. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my laptop main display there is a black area almost an inch below the task bar. Please...: On my laptop main display there is a black area almost an inch below the task bar. Basically, the Microsoft screen is not showing completely on the main display. Please help me....
  3. On my laptop main display there is a black area almost an inch below the task bar. Please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my laptop main display there is a black area almost an inch below the task bar. Please...: On my laptop main display there is a black area almost an inch below the task bar. Basically, the Microsoft screen is not showing completely on the main display. Please help me....
  4. Why there is a gap below my task bar about 1 px that shows the top of my screen and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there is a gap below my task bar about 1 px that shows the top of my screen and...: Hello, for no reason there is gap below my task bar that shows my top of my screen like if I move my mouse cursor at the top of my screen I will see it at the bottom "line" or the bottom "line" will start to flickering. It doesn't have this error the night before but after a...
  5. Why there is a gap below my task bar about 1 px that shows the top of my screen and...

Why there is a gap below my task bar about 1 px that shows the top of my screen and...: Hello, for no reason there is gap below my task bar that shows my top of my screen like if I move my mouse cursor at the top of my screen I will see it at the bottom "line" or the bottom "line" will start to flickering. It doesn't have this error the night before but after a...
  6. Windows 11 Task Bar large gap below icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar large gap below icons?: I have a second monitor set up, and for some reason the task bar suddenly has a large gap underneath the app icons. On my primary monitor, the gap is not there.If I make the second monitor primary, the gap goes away, it doesn't show on either monitor. As soon as I switch it...
  7. Windows 11 Task Bar large gap below icons?

Windows 11 Task Bar large gap below icons?: I have a second monitor set up, and for some reason the task bar suddenly has a large gap underneath the app icons. On my primary monitor, the gap is not there.If I make the second monitor primary, the gap goes away, it doesn't show on either monitor. As soon as I switch it...
  8. windows task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows task bar: hi, i have a windows 10 pc. Today i was using my pc then after evening i couldn't use my taskbar properly. when i start the start menu it closes the taskbar and animations work in start menu but doesn't in taskbar. it shows a resize cursor on task bar and simple one in the...
  9. Flickering of my icons before the clock on the task bar and the error below

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering of my icons before the clock on the task bar and the error below: My battery, speaker and other icons just before the clock keeping flickering. I have tried updating drivers, disk clean up, optimize and defragment functions but it can't fix Any ideas ?? on how to fix this ? thanks Thanks[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task bar: I have made the task bar as small as possible by turning on small icons. Sometimes though it is in the way and I have to move it from the bottom to the left or right. I recall in older versions of Windows that you could temporarily make the task bar disappear. I have tried...