Windows 10: My windows bitlocker drive wont open

Discus and support My windows bitlocker drive wont open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I have a hard drive on my pc that I protect with windows bit locker protection today when I get on my pc and try to open the drive two things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpoiledApollo60, Sep 20, 2020.

1. My windows bitlocker drive wont open

Hello I have a hard drive on my pc that I protect with windows bit locker protection today when I get on my pc and try to open the drive two things happen one my file explorer freezes and I have to close it or 2 I get a error message saying the parameters are incorrect. What do I do I have tried to google it and nothing worked. I cant even reset my pc, something is wrong with my pc and I need help to find out what it is.

submitted by /u/SpoiledApollo60
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpoiledApollo60, Sep 20, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Sep 20, 2020
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 20, 2020
  4. mcraygsx Win User

My windows bitlocker drive wont open

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

imgur.com
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    imgur.com
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

mcraygsx, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

My windows bitlocker drive wont open

1. My windows bitlocker drive wont open - Similar Threads - bitlocker drive wont

2. My windows defender wont open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows defender wont open.: When I try to open windows defender it gives me a white screen with the windows defender logo and then just closes later. I also cant open it via hidden icons, I already tried resetting the app but still doesn't work....
  3. My windows defender wont open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows defender wont open.: When I try to open windows defender it gives me a white screen with the windows defender logo and then just closes later. I also cant open it via hidden icons, I already tried resetting the app but still doesn't work....
  4. New Hard Drive Upgrade - Bitlocker wont unlock

New Hard Drive Upgrade - Bitlocker wont unlock: I have a new laptop an HP that came with a platter hard drive that is very slow. I bought a new 1 Tb SKhynix Gold and used the Hynix software to clone the old drive to the new SSD. Now I'm getting stuck at the bitlocker screen. I went to aka.ms and wrote the new bitlocker key...
  5. New Hard Drive Upgrade - Bitlocker wont unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Hard Drive Upgrade - Bitlocker wont unlock: I have a new laptop an HP that came with a platter hard drive that is very slow. I bought a new 1 Tb SKhynix Gold and used the Hynix software to clone the old drive to the new SSD. Now I'm getting stuck at the bitlocker screen. I went to aka.ms and wrote the new bitlocker key...
  6. My windows apps wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows apps wont open: Hello, So a couple of months ago I had a friend back up some mac files onto my pc, ever since then I was not able to open up my windows apps. When I click the Windows button on the bottom left it does nothing. when I try to open an image from my desktop it says...
  7. My windows apps wont open

My windows apps wont open: Hello, So a couple of months ago I had a friend back up some mac files onto my pc, ever since then I was not able to open up my windows apps. When I click the Windows button on the bottom left it does nothing. when I try to open an image from my desktop it says...
  8. My windows apps wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Bitlocker not opening drive D

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker not opening drive D: There was blue screen issu service exception .After failure in all available techniques i decided to new windows 10 locked D: by bitlocker .I do..but now D is not opening with correct password.some time it return wrong password.and mostly no return ... I cannot use...
  10. My removable drive wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My removable drive wont open: I would like to figure out how to see all the videos and photos I have saved to this drive but my computer just wont recognize it or the icon will disappear from the devices menu...