Windows 10: my windows bitlocker password is not completed

Discus and support my windows bitlocker password is not completed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I tried lock one of my partitions from an external hard driveHDD, but the process was not finished, it only about 70% of the process completed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Art_py, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Art_py Win User

my windows bitlocker password is not completed

Hi, I tried lock one of my partitions from an external hard driveHDD, but the process was not finished, it only about 70% of the process completed and suddenly my computer crashedit was first time my laptop crashed!, now i cant access to my locked partition, even i know the password and i have the recovery key, when i write the password or recovery key nothing happens just processingi tried this in my powershell manage-bde -status G:the output is: Size: Unknown GB BitLocker Version: 2.0 Conversion Status: Unknown Percentage Encrypted: Unknown% Encr

:)

Art_py, Aug 9, 2022
  2. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 9, 2022
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. my windows bitlocker password is not completed - Similar Threads - bitlocker password completed

2. bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker password: I have tried everything to find my Bitlocker password, and it says its saved to my Microsoft account. I cannot access it because it says I have to wait a month and I need to use my laptop now. Is there anyway I can get my Bitlocker password right now?...
  3. bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker password: I have tried everything to find my Bitlocker password, and it says its saved to my Microsoft account. I cannot access it because it says I have to wait a month and I need to use my laptop now. Is there anyway I can get my Bitlocker password right now?...
  4. my windows bitlocker password is not completed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my windows bitlocker password is not completed: Hi, I tried lock one of my partitions from an external hard driveHDD, but the process was not finished, it only about 70% of the process completed and suddenly my computer crashedit was first time my laptop crashed!, now i cant access to my locked partition, even i know the...
  5. my windows bitlocker password is not completed

my windows bitlocker password is not completed: Hi, I tried lock one of my partitions from an external hard driveHDD, but the process was not finished, it only about 70% of the process completed and suddenly my computer crashedit was first time my laptop crashed!, now i cant access to my locked partition, even i know the...
  6. Bitlocker password

Bitlocker password: I can't find my bitlocker password. I can see my laptop in devices but there is no information about that. HD is in bad condition and I need it to make a backup. Any idea? Thanks....
  7. Bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker password: I can't find my bitlocker password. I can see my laptop in devices but there is no information about that. HD is in bad condition and I need it to make a backup. Any idea? Thanks....
  8. Bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Bitlocker password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker password: I'm running Windows 10 and would like to change my Bitlocker password. When I try to do this I receive a message that Group Policy settings do not permit the creation of a password. I've been unable to figure out what setting I need to change. Thank you...
  10. bitlocker password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker password?: I am running the latest update of Win 10 Enterprise on an i7 laptop. I turned on Bitlocker and followed the prompts. At no time was I presented with a dialogue to enter a password. The harddrive was encrypted and the system shows bitlocker is on, but when restarting the...