Windows 10: My Windows button (on my keyboard) doesn't open the start menu, but controls my media settings

Discus and support My Windows button (on my keyboard) doesn't open the start menu, but controls my media settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title said, my windows button doesn't open my start menu for me, but instead it controls my media settings like spotify, etc. How do I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Repiru, Dec 14, 2020.

1. /u/Repiru Win User

My Windows button (on my keyboard) doesn't open the start menu, but controls my media settings

As the title said, my windows button doesn't open my start menu for me, but instead it controls my media settings like spotify, etc. How do I change this?

Note: The problem occurs when i am using my laptop keyboard, but when i switch to an external keyboard, my windows button is perfectly fine

submitted by /u/Repiru
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Repiru, Dec 14, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My Windows button (on my keyboard) doesn't open the start menu, but controls my media settings [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Dec 14, 2020
  4. My Windows button (on my keyboard) doesn't open the start menu, but controls my media settings

Start button doesn´t work

This is really dissapointing

The Start menu button, windows key, applications in the task bar, notifications, antivirus label and time doesn´t work. I cannot switch beteween users and the only way to shut down the computer is turning it off. Actually I'm accesing the computer via a
    local user I created when installed Win10, but in that account happens the same. The machine upload the system very slowly and when I try to modify anything via control panel (which I reach through a "desktop" label) the admistrator's password is required
    and submitted with no problems. Thw Windows analysis says that today and other past days the windows explorer wasn't uploaded.

There was no way of restarting via previous point because there wasn't any and I couldn't restart the computer in my previous windows (7) version.

Miguel Paez, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

My Windows button (on my keyboard) doesn't open the start menu, but controls my media settings

1. My Windows button (on my keyboard) doesn't open the start menu, but controls my media settings - Similar Threads - button keyboard doesn't

2. The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work: Good day!I am on Win 11 and I have a problem, whenever I press the hashtag button and expect the hashtag symbol on my Austrian / German keyboard. Seems very weird, because if I change the keyboard to the bosnian one for example in the Windows settings, I can use the key...
  3. The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work: Good day!I am on Win 11 and I have a problem, whenever I press the hashtag button and expect the hashtag symbol on my Austrian / German keyboard. Seems very weird, because if I change the keyboard to the bosnian one for example in the Windows settings, I can use the key...
  4. my keyboard keeps highlighting buttons on my start menu and other places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard keeps highlighting buttons on my start menu and other places: here is a video of the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UICzyxqyNKcKm4b5W1z4OepWXW-nZ3sL/view?usp=sharing I tried turning off the keyboard, so it seems to be a software problem.I hope you can help me find the problem, and an appropriate fix. Thanks!...
  5. my keyboard keeps highlighting buttons on my start menu and other places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard keeps highlighting buttons on my start menu and other places: here is a video of the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UICzyxqyNKcKm4b5W1z4OepWXW-nZ3sL/view?usp=sharing I tried turning off the keyboard, so it seems to be a software problem.I hope you can help me find the problem, and an appropriate fix. Thanks!...
  6. my keyboard keeps highlighting buttons on my start menu and other places

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. cant even open my files and settings and start menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant even open my files and settings and start menu: from like 8 months I cant even update to 20h2,and cant even open my files , and cant even open start menu, search bar , settingsI don't know what happened to my laptop.I tried to fix by running sfc command and it shows this error: "Windows Resource Protection could not start...
  8. My start menu opens spontaneously

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start menu opens spontaneously: I have this issue on two Windows 10 machines. One is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd gen, I think, and the other is a desktop that I built myself. On both machines it can happen when my hands are away from the keyboard, mouse, and trackpad. This is especially annoying when I am...
  9. Start Button on my keyboard won't trigger to open start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start Button on my keyboard won't trigger to open start menu: Title says it all, but why? Last time I was using Windows 7 it was still working fine. Now I noticed it stopped working when I upgraded to Windows 10. I'm not bothered by this but I'm just asking if this is normal? 61212
  10. (Win 10) My start menu button and volume control button isn't working

in Windows 10 Support
    (Win 10) My start menu button and volume control button isn't working: Whenever I press the start menu button at the bottom left corner, the menu does not pop up so I can not use any of my apps. Same with the volume button. Whenever I press it, the horizontal rectangle volume control does not appear so I have to right click to change my volume....