Windows 10: my windows camera is suddenly closing

Discus and support my windows camera is suddenly closing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows camera is suddenly closing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sanjaysp, Sep 11, 2019.

1. sanjaysp Win User

my windows camera is suddenly closing

windows camera is suddenly closing

:)

sanjaysp, Sep 11, 2019

2. Windows10 Camera Suddenly Stopped Playing MP4 Videos

Hi Michael,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows 10 Camera, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this article, and follow the steps/instructions to resolve
    your camera issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Camera opens, shows nothing, then closes

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    It could be due to missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-usb-web-cameras

For reference: Camera app and webcams help
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 11, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

1. my windows camera is suddenly closing - Similar Threads - camera suddenly closing

2. my Integrated Camera is suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Integrated Camera is suddenly not working: I have tried restarting, and then Device Manager, doublechecking that the camera is enabled, and even rolling back to the previous version. My camera had stopped working sometime after 5 pm yesterday. When I went into Zoom this morning, that's when I saw it wasn't working. At...
  3. my Integrated Camera is suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Integrated Camera is suddenly not working: I have tried restarting, and then Device Manager, doublechecking that the camera is enabled, and even rolling back to the previous version. My camera had stopped working sometime after 5 pm yesterday. When I went into Zoom this morning, that's when I saw it wasn't working. At...
  4. My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.: Hello,I left my laptop a few minutes ago to do some stuff outside my room. As I came back to my chair, I notice that my camera has been activated It has blue light indicator next to it. I had no software/application that uses camera at the time, so it confuses me. I decided...
  5. My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.

My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.: Hello,I left my laptop a few minutes ago to do some stuff outside my room. As I came back to my chair, I notice that my camera has been activated It has blue light indicator next to it. I had no software/application that uses camera at the time, so it confuses me. I decided...
  6. My camera suddenly stopped working

My camera suddenly stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working. I've been using for zoom for over a year. I tried updating everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-suddenly-stopped-working/61c110cc-f686-4f83-9a82-d9574c949a6c
  7. My camera has suddenly disappeared.

My camera has suddenly disappeared.: I went to log on to a Zoom meeting today and it was unable to access my camera. The error said that they couldn't find my camera, but the camera app is on my HP Spectre and the camera settings is set to on and gives accessibility to all of the apps I need the camera for....
  8. Camera suddenly not working.

Camera suddenly not working.: I use my built-in webcam for work every day (which involves video calls) and I have for the last year or so with the same laptop. I hadn't done anything new with my laptop in terms of hardware or software or anything recently. Here are my system specifications: LAptop:...
  9. Windows 10, applications closing suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, applications closing suddenly: My laptop is not the best and I'm not really the best at keeping it stable, but it still functions and the worst that normally happens are (not responding) on my application. I normally have multiple things open such as steam, google chrome with a few tabs open and discord....
  10. windows media player closing suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows media player closing suddenly: hi, i am using a laptop with windows 10 os. i have a problem with windows media player. whenever i try to play a song in windows media player it plays for a very few second and closes without any error message. same thing happen when i tried to simply open the media player...