Windows 10: My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms..

Discus and support My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms.. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Would it be better to try and clean it? Or should I just try and get a new computer or hardrive?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Truckee Wallace, Nov 6, 2019.

1. My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms..

Would it be better to try and clean it? Or should I just try and get a new computer or hardrive?

:)

Truckee Wallace, Nov 6, 2019
  2. DK_8888 Win User

Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U

Hi,

my computer has been infected by these 2 viruses (Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U). Whenever I scan with Windows Defender it does not find anything. However, when i reboot the computer it automatically quarantines them each time i reboot.

How do i get rid of these viruses?? Is there a safe program outside of Windows Defender? I tried deleting some temporary files and updating my java and chrome as this website suggested but no luck. Please help! Thanks!

DK_8888, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U

See the following document from the MMPC:
    https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Worm:Win32/Rebhip.Z

Try scanning your flash drives with Windows Defender.

Even better try scanning your flash drives with Malwarebytes Free
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/

Also see
    https://www.usbfix.net/update-exe-2/

Regards...

Le Boule, Nov 6, 2019
  4. My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms..

Phone to PC worm on the loose.

When virus programmers tried to infect mobile phones, they didn't get very far. The first viruses spread themselves via bluetooth, describing themselves as a software update. As time went on, mobile viruses got smarter. And now, according to security experts at F-Secure, computers can officially get viruses through mobile phones. And it's not a proof of concept bug. The Mobler worm spreads itself by disguising itself as an .EXE file, which can be found on the phone's memory card and installed on a Windows platform. According to F-Secure,
    F-Secure has released an update to it's anti-virus programs to detect and eliminate the Mobler worm.

Source: Techworld

zekrahminator, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms..

1. My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms.. - Similar Threads - computer full viruses

2. I have a virus or a worm and can't even reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a virus or a worm and can't even reset my pc: I have a virus and it caused multiple issues:-the sound doesn't function, I can't hear anything from any application-I can't make a restore point-I can't reset my pc-no anti-virus detects this thing except windows security wich literally does nothing about itSo what to do ?...
  3. I have a virus or a worm and can't even reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a virus or a worm and can't even reset my pc: I have a virus and it caused multiple issues:-the sound doesn't function, I can't hear anything from any application-I can't make a restore point-I can't reset my pc-no anti-virus detects this thing except windows security wich literally does nothing about itSo what to do ?...
  4. Virus on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus on my computer: How can i tell microsoft that i have a virus, and further get them to remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-on-my-computer/5d043c07-469c-4997-a370-104afa675fb5
  5. Not sure if I have a virus or trojan or worm or nothing

Not sure if I have a virus or trojan or worm or nothing: Hello, I have a Windows 10 and was on Microsoft Edge when I click on a website about a Nobel Prize winner and all of a sudden something downloaded -- I think it was a PDF, but I've since deleted it. In any event, by accident I opened the document while trying to close it....
  6. i installed a worm virus and now my antivirus is acting weird

i installed a worm virus and now my antivirus is acting weird: i installed a worm virus, and i realized about 5 miniutes later and used malwarebytes to fix it, but then i looked at my widows defender and it was turned off it says malwarebytes is turned on with the option to do perodic scans, this never happened before, if i press...
  7. A Virus or Trojan or Worm That Can Survive a Factory Reset on Computer

A Virus or Trojan or Worm That Can Survive a Factory Reset on Computer: Hello, I plan on doing a factory reset on my Thinkpad X270 Windows 10 Pro laptop, but I'd like to check on certain things: I read the following on backed-up files: "In most cases, a factory reset will remove viruses. But how exactly do some manage to survive it? Wherever...
  8. Windows Security Worm terminology

Windows Security Worm terminology: I installed an old thumb drive and got a worm notification. One was "quarantined" and I deleted it. The other Worm:VBS/Slogod.E said "failed" I don't know if that means the worm failed to activate, or windows security failed to contain the threat. A scan of my device by...
  9. Trojans and worms

Trojans and worms: I received a message upon startup yesterday that I was infected with a Trojan xcc32 and a worm.system32. Theyu wanted me to contact someone to fix the problem. I just dismessed the pop up and went about my business. Have not heard again from them. Am I OK - it seems I am, or...
  10. my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?

my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?: Can I trust pctonics .com to clean out worms and viruses it claims to have detected in my computer?...