Windows 10: My Windows Computer's audio jacks don't work, only usb...

Discus and support My Windows Computer's audio jacks don't work, only usb... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, One day when I was cleaning and putting together my new cpu fan for my computer, I had the bright idea of pulling out my graphics card while the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NickGrin, Aug 24, 2019.

1. NickGrin Win User

My Windows Computer's audio jacks don't work, only usb...

Hi,

One day when I was cleaning and putting together my new cpu fan for my computer, I had the bright idea of pulling out my graphics card while the computer was still running. This was most likely the cause of the sound getting shorted out. The sound is close to a light buzzing mixed with loud interference. This sound is heard from the front sockets and back sockets. I am also positive that it is a hardware problem, as I have switched recently from a hard drive to an SSD, and new drivers have been reinstalled. I was just wondering if there is any way I can return my PC back to normal so that I don't have to buy a sound card. If anyone can tell me if this is possible, great, but if I end up buying a sound card, it isn't the end of the world.

Some specs -

Gigabyte B360M-DS3H

GTX 1050 Ti

If more specs need to be posted, I can do that.

:)

NickGrin, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    My Windows Computer's audio jacks don't work, only usb... [​IMG]

Valeriu, Aug 24, 2019
  3. ShakeR2S5 Win User
    Windows 10 usb-audio jack headset, audio jack not detected

Hi, I recently updated my Windows from 7 to 10 and since I updated my headset (Turtle Beach px22 Shadow) not working correctly.

It has 2 cables, an audio jack and a usb. The usb is working fine, but if I want to use the headset's amplifier properly I have to connect both cables to my computer, but It cannot detect the audio jack. When I plug out my headset from the amplifier, then
    I've got a smaller audio jack and If I plug that in, it works. Before I updated my Windows, It worked perfectly.

Thanks for help!

ShakeR2S5, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Mast342 Win User

Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Hello Everyone

Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted my Computer all rear audio jacks as well as the front audio jacks stopped working. I can safely say, that it is not an issue with my Speakers.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio drivers numerous times, everytime getting different results. Sometimes the Speakers are not visible at all on the choose audio output screen and sometimes they are, but they never seem to work. My Headset( Connected via USB) and my Monitor speakers( Connected via Dvi to HDMI Cable) work fine. There is also at all times the Realtek Digital Output listed, which I don't know the use of.

Inside the Realtek Audio Manager i can only choose options for the digital Output. When i chose to disable the front jack recognition inside the Manager the speakers would show up, but the test sound didnt give any sound whatsoever. However when plugging in headphones to the front green jack, the speakers started a deep humming sound. I could even control the volume of this sound with my computer volumesettings.

Here the front jacks arent visible because i disabled them, without any progress, in the bios.

I also had a look at the cables connecting the front jacks with the mothereboard and made sure there was no loose contact. The speakers are connected to the green audio jack. The volume on both the speakers and the pc is turned on. Before the change everything was working fine.

Is there any way, without buying a soundcard, that can fix my issue?

Mast342, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. My Windows Computer's audio jacks don't work, only usb... - Similar Threads - Computer's audio jacks

2. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  3. audio works only after repluging audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio works only after repluging audio jack: I cant hear any audio when I turn on my pc but when I unplug and replug my audio jack then I can hear so what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-works-only-after-repluging-audio-jack/010d8967-ac7b-4910-97fd-b4a489f4939f
  4. audio works only after repluging audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio works only after repluging audio jack: I cant hear any audio when I turn on my pc but when I unplug and replug my audio jack then I can hear so what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-works-only-after-repluging-audio-jack/010d8967-ac7b-4910-97fd-b4a489f4939f
  5. audio works only after repluging audio jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB C type to audio jack is not working

USB C type to audio jack is not working: I am Lenovo Ideapad s340 user and I m using a ONCRO® Trending L-Shaped Black Connector, Mobile Gaming Connector, Earphone Audio Jack Adapter USB-Type C to 3.5 mm Stereo Converter Compatible for 1 Plus 6t, 7, 7 pro. to use my earphones as my audio jack is not working properly...
  7. Audio Jack Not Working

Audio Jack Not Working: My audio jack has stopped detecting anything being plugged into it. I've tried four sets of earbuds, all working on my phone, and every time audio still comes out of my laptop speakers instead. I've tried to do everything I could find to fix it and nothing has worked. My...
  8. my speaker jacks don't work

my speaker jacks don't work: I'm plugged in but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speaker-jacks-dont-work/5f8b0c79-d2d0-4db9-a629-ae1beafd308f
  9. Audio Jacks don't work, can't download drivers

Audio Jacks don't work, can't download drivers: Windows version number: 18362.592 Hi! I recently ran into an issue with my computer where I couldn't change my audio device to my headphones, I restarted my computer, tried them on other devices (worked) and did all that. Still, no response from my computer at all. I dug...
  10. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working: The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem. The audio output through a DisplayPort...