Windows 10: My windows CPU and Memory usage for a few days.

Discus and support My windows CPU and Memory usage for a few days. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows CPU usage and Memory usage were pretty high for a few days. I cleared my ram, updated my Windows, cleared my temp, %temp% and prefetch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by codecmaniac62, Oct 30, 2020.

1. My windows CPU and Memory usage for a few days.

My Windows CPU usage and Memory usage were pretty high for a few days. I cleared my ram, updated my Windows, cleared my temp, %temp% and prefetch folder, as always. But it's not solving and it is slowing my computer.

Windows 10 Insider Preview Enterprise 20241 256 GB SDD With 180 GB unused space

The idle system with Brave Browser opened.

My windows CPU and Memory usage for a few days. 6e1b426b-7c47-4bd3-a886-9260a9f6a007?upload=true.png

This is the screenshot when all app updates completed, nothing is downloading.

:)

codecmaniac62, Oct 30, 2020

2. Runaway memory usage

On your suggestion I went to uninstall AVG. It offered to go into an on-demand mode (I can't remember the word it used to describe).
    So I tried that instead of uninstalling. Upon reboot everything seemed unchanged. High CPU usage, memory growth, no good.

So I ran the uninstall. This moved along step by step ... until the last step (titled: replacing files) never completed. It left behind a bunch of its stuff in Program Files:
    Code:
    So I have a bunch of leftover crap ... which I'll probably just delete.

Anyway, after rebooting it seems that all is well. CPU usage is near zero. The fans are quiet. (Computer fans, not football fans!) *chuckle

Thanks for the quick reply.

margrave55, Oct 30, 2020
  3. ChrisDima Win User
    CPU and Memory usage

Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick
    clean to my components using a can of compressed air and booted it up again, but nothing has changed. Please help

ChrisDima, Oct 30, 2020
  4. My windows CPU and Memory usage for a few days.

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

My windows CPU and Memory usage for a few days.

1. My windows CPU and Memory usage for a few days. - Similar Threads - CPU Memory usage

2. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage: Hello,I'm encountering a persistent problem with Windows Explorer where it exhibits high CPU and memory usage whenever I attempt to open a folder with a size exceeding 30 GB. Despite my best efforts, I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps, including disk cleanup, disk...
  3. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  4. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  5. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  6. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

7. High CPU and memory usage on few programs open.

High CPU and memory usage on few programs open.: I recently bought a surface laptop 2 on Christmas and ever since I got it, my laptop has been constantly freezing and have received a few BSoDs as well. I checked my task manager to see what was going on and noticed that the "system" process has an average of 10-13% of CPU...
  8. CPU and Memory usage

CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  9. Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?: My CPU usage is going unstable and is going all over the place when I open programs like firefox. It can go up to 60% when I do something simple like play a video. On the other hand, my memory is always at 40%+ and this is actually stable Here is a pic. [img] The...
  10. memory and cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    memory and cpu usage.: What is the normal Memory and Cpu Usage percentage for my laptop. my processor is Intel i7-4500 CPU @ 1.80GHz (4CPus), ~2.4Ghz and my RAM is 8.00GB 18275