Windows 10: My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start

Discus and support My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went to bed and believe I didnt show my laptop fully. When I woke up and opened my laptop, my desktop background was black. I tried to open Adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EveNnaji, Jul 9, 2020.

1. EveNnaji Win User

My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start

I went to bed and believe I didnt show my laptop fully. When I woke up and opened my laptop, my desktop background was black. I tried to open Adobe Illustrator but it crashes upon start. My Adobe Indesign also crashes upon start. My Rhinoceros for 3D modeling also crashes upon start. My Autocad is working and my Adobe Photoshop is also working so thats great but more confusing.

I've retarted my computer several times, also shut down. I restarted in safe mode as well, same problem.

Please help :

:)

EveNnaji, Jul 9, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 9, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 9, 2020
  4. My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start

Desktop Computer Crashes

Hi Sumit,

My new HP desktop computer still crashes. I tried following the steps in the link above, How to do a Disk check of System drive in Windows 10 and interpret the logs...

I am not able to complete or follow the task required to allow you to see what happened with the computer crash. I need an easier step such as a 1 2 3 or and a b c, to-do list in order for me to let you see my System logs.

StaceyChin1, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start

1. My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start - Similar Threads - crashed overnight desktop

2. Programs start in Suspended and then crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs start in Suspended and then crash: I recently forced close a game that was frozen. I tried to restart the game but it starts in suspended mode on the task manager and then crashes. This also happens to other games and some windows processes device manager, event viewer, msconfig. This happened once and I...
  3. Programs crash upon starting them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs crash upon starting them: Hello, since the morning of last Saturday, most programs (including Zoom, Spotify, Cura, some windows repair tools, etc.) Crash after 3 seconds of running them. I reinstalled windows both from the menu and a usb drive. Nothing changed. Any help possible? submitted by...
  4. Program crashing on start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program crashing on start: Everytime I open a program it opens for a second and shows in the task bar without a logo tho and doesn't display anything and just closes, In event manager I found this error It's translated from dutch File cannot be accessed for one of the following reasons: There is a...
  5. Windows 10 Crashes Overnight

Windows 10 Crashes Overnight: For the past couple days I have noticed my PC has been rebooted when I begin my workday. Looking through the Event Viewer, and filtering for Event ID 6008 I can see 2 unexpected shutdowns. I also verified this within reliability monitor. There were 3 automatic updates on...
  6. Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10

Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10: Hi Apps immediately crash upon launch in Windows 10. Apps I tried are Mail, Calendar and Store. Device is Surface Go. OS is Windows 10 Home. I tried Store, with the idea that I would uninstall Mail and Calendar, then re-install. But, I can't open Store. I tried...
  7. Windows crashing overnight repeatedly

Windows crashing overnight repeatedly: Hello, I am having an issue with the PC crashing overnight for several days in a row. From other threads, I've seen people be requested to upload a zip file of the mini-dumps when it is reffering to rebooting from a bugcheck. I've attached the minidump along with the System...
  8. Taskbar crashes if desktop left on overnight

Taskbar crashes if desktop left on overnight: Hello, I have a Windows 10 desktop computer that has been having taskbar issues for about a year, and I finally had the idea to ask for assistance here. Just for context, I leave my computer on overnight for days at a time without restarting it or shutting it down. The...
  9. Programs that require internet crash upon start up.

Programs that require internet crash upon start up.: Hello, my name is Tony! I have been experiencing a problem with my 64-bit Lenovo IdeaPad, Windows 10. It first occurred on December 2nd, 2019, where it would not run any program unless it was a browser or a program that is hard wired in the system like task manager and would...
  10. Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs & Features Crashing to Desktop: (Build 10240) Attempting to uninstalling anything from Programs & Features causes it to crash to desktop without giving me the uninstall utility. Has anyone else run into this? Any solution? 9021