Windows 10: My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance"

Discus and support My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yes, It was my mistakes when I downloading Gta 5 crack ocean of games and turn off the Windows Defender with Windows Defender block in the crack file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Qyqi, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Qyqi Win User

My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance"

Yes, It was my mistakes when I downloading Gta 5 crack ocean of games and turn off the Windows Defender with Windows Defender block in the crack file hence one of the conditions to run the game. after the extracting done I permanently delete the Windows Defender block in the crack file but I forget to activate the Windows Defender again. I want it back to normal!Here is the screenshot:

:)

2. Phusius Win User

Windows Defender has a red X and says service has stopped, please help

I am on Windows 8, and control panel security says Windows Defender is my anti virus and firewall.

Phusius, Aug 25, 2022
  3. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING

1. Start the Windows Security Service
    2. Start the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
    3. Go to the following location:

4. Double-click "Start" and set its data to 3
    5. Exit the Registry Editor.
    6. Restart Windows.
    If that doesn't do the trick, then try a repair installation.

See also:

1. Windows Defender - Virus & Threat Protection "Unexpected - Microsoft Community
    2. Windows Defender Service Missing; Security at a glance page is Empty

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 25, 2022
  4. My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance"

Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance" [​IMG]

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

APC's September issue is on sale now!

*Smile My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance" :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance"

1. My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance" - Similar Threads - Defender Can't Security

2. Window security not working showing security at a glance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window security not working showing security at a glance: Window security not working and showing security at a glancewhen i open window security then they showing security at a glance window defender is disabledhow to i enabled plz give me replyreply me plz...
  3. Microsoft Windows defender - Security at glance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows defender - Security at glance: Windows Defender is Gone Today we will take a look at these common problems with Windows defender,Step-1: 1. Windows Security not Opening? Windows Security is Missing? Reinstall Windows Security Windows Powershell Admin 1st Command: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted 2nd...
  4. Microsoft Windows defender - Security at glance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows defender - Security at glance: Windows Defender is Gone Today we will take a look at these common problems with Windows defender,Step-1: 1. Windows Security not Opening? Windows Security is Missing? Reinstall Windows Security Windows Powershell Admin 1st Command: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted 2nd...
  5. Microsoft Windows defender - Security at glance

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Defender Can't Work it say "Security at a Glance": Yes, It was my mistakes when I downloading Gta 5 crack ocean of games and turn off the Windows Defender with Windows Defender block in the crack file hence one of the conditions to run the game. after the extracting done I permanently delete the Windows Defender block in the...
  7. Windows Defender only shows Security at a glance

Windows Defender only shows Security at a glance: hi i am sudipta, my Windows Defender showing " Security at a glance". what should I do?[Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-only-shows-security-at-a-glance/393f9044-6bb0-42d2-8be0-d43cc190dbcf
  8. Windows defender security at a glance is empty

Windows defender security at a glance is empty: Does this means that my pc has a virus or malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-at-a-glance-is-empty/51f24fb9-d3e0-45bb-90c7-bab83af3f655
  9. Windows defender security at a glance

Windows defender security at a glance: Does this means that my pc has a virus or malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-at-a-glance/51f24fb9-d3e0-45bb-90c7-bab83af3f655
  10. Windows defender security at a glance

Windows defender security at a glance: Hi sir/mam how are you...im here with a problem with the windows defender i'm not able to scan..and the controlled folder is completely disabled im not able to make it "on" and yes the first view in the windows defender all the icon of security (virus & threat ....etc) are...