Windows 10: My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.

Discus and support My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anything left before I have to reinstall windows? So I'm actually on a fresh install of windows, bought a new machine with it pre-installed a month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MachineCunt, Dec 14, 2020.

1. My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.

Anything left before I have to reinstall windows?

So I'm actually on a fresh install of windows, bought a new machine with it pre-installed a month ago.

Yes I torrent. But I've been using PCs since the 90s. I know what to click on and what not to (at least I think).

I've tried most things on this page

I've looked through the registry, nothing. I don't have other AVs installed. I downloaded Malware Bytes and it found 42 threats but quarantined them all.

I searched the registry and nothing looks amiss.

I tried running System File Checker and it said: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

I don't get it. Do I need to install an AV temporarily get at a potential virus. I really don't want to re-install Windows, this is so ffd.

submitted by /u/MachineCunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MachineCunt, Dec 14, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Dec 14, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 14, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.

Browser hijack? GPU 15% when using google in FF

So as the title suggests I have an issue with FF when I perform a search from the address bar (google is default) or even going directly to www.google.co.uk, my GPU usage goes from 0 to 15%, it stops if I close that tab or change to another or bring another window to the forefront but it consistently displays this same behaviour.

So I have tried the following to try and find out if there is some kind of malware/hijacker going on.
    • Uninstalled FF and reinstalled.
    • Installed no miner, miner blocker, ublock origin and adblock plus extensions.
    • Run numerous scans of Windows defender, avast AV and MBAM
    All of the above to no avail and every time I am on a google page the GPU useage stays at a constant 15% and the vRAM usage inscreases. Scratching my head is there anything I am missing?

NdMk2o1o, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.

1. My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google. - Similar Threads - Defender disappeared I've

2. Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.: Today I was using Google Chrome as normal, then closed it for around half an hour or so. I then tried to open it again, however, the window opens, then immediately crashes after a second. I have closed all google processes in task manager, I deleted the Google file from...
  3. Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.: Today I was using Google Chrome as normal, then closed it for around half an hour or so. I then tried to open it again, however, the window opens, then immediately crashes after a second. I have closed all google processes in task manager, I deleted the Google file from...
  4. Google Chrome keeps crashing, I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  6. I've tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've tried everything I can: I have looked on multiple threads trying to fix this but they don't work. There is a search bar at the top of my screen and it isn't part of a 3rd party software I've searched for it already. and I don't know what to do. Please help it is driving me insane.[ATTACH]...
  7. Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything: Headline: my windows 10 PC will not automatically go to sleep based on the sleep timers for either "Screen" or "Sleep." It will try screen goes black for a second but then goes bask to my desktop. If I manually click the start icon and go to power/sleep, the computer will...
  8. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING: A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work again (it is clear that prior to installing Avira, the WD worked perfectly). Although I try to restart the service (since every...
  9. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!: Whenever I try to open Windows Defender it instantly closes. I still get notifications and it keeps removing something I need to let past it but I can't because it just instantly closes. I did a scan with malware bytes, it caught nothing. I uninstalled malwarebytes as well...
  10. Daily BSODs (ntoskrnl.exe) I've tried everything I've seen on google.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSODs (ntoskrnl.exe) I've tried everything I've seen on google.: SuperFetch and Prefetch are disabled. Memcheck gives no errors. The computer ran almost 24/7 for ~~10 months before the Win 10 upgrade, not a single BSOD. Since 10, I've gotten 15-20. I've followed all the steps in this article: Windows 10: How to fix system ntoskrnl.exe...