Windows 10: My Windows defender is not scanning my rar. file.

Discus and support My Windows defender is not scanning my rar. file. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My rar. file is 2MB. When I scan it using Windows defender, It appears scanning but didn't move. For a very long time still appear "0 files scanned"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yhtan1989, Mar 12, 2019.

1. yhtan1989 Win User

My Windows defender is not scanning my rar. file.

My rar. file is 2MB.
    When I scan it using Windows defender,
    It appears scanning but didn't move.
    For a very long time still appear "0 files scanned"

Can Windows Defender scan my rar. file?
    Thanks

:)

yhtan1989, Mar 12, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 12, 2019
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 12, 2019
  4. avemaria Win User

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. My Windows defender is not scanning my rar. file. - Similar Threads - defender scanning rar

2. my .rar files changes to .pola

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my .rar files changes to .pola: I have a lenovo laptop , windows 10 , when i restart my laptop my .rar files changes to .pola files and doesn't restore to .rarMy 60GB of work got in vain because of this .Please let me know if there is any solution to this....
  3. my .rar files changes to .pola

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my .rar files changes to .pola: I have a lenovo laptop , windows 10 , when i restart my laptop my .rar files changes to .pola files and doesn't restore to .rarMy 60GB of work got in vain because of this .Please let me know if there is any solution to this....
  4. my .rar files changes to .pola

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender scan overheats my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Defender scan overheats my computer: I use the Core Temp utility. The full scan always brings the cpu hovering around the 100% range, but today, while running a full scan, first time in five years Core Temp gives me a notification that cpu temp is 68C, which is over the specified threshold. After scan now 31C....
  6. My windows defender will not quick scan.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows defender will not quick scan.: whenever I click quick scan it will not do the scan. Rather it will grey out for a second like I clicked it then not do anything. Also when I go into virus and threat protection settings nothing is turned on and I can't turn them on. Please help Kind regards Jack...
  7. offline scan my windows defender

offline scan my windows defender: I would like to see if I have malware or virus offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/offline-scan-my-windows-defender/34b05372-8764-4f2b-9d15-04d861db16c9
  8. Why is my Windows Defender only scanning four files?

Why is my Windows Defender only scanning four files?: Starting this afternoon, inexplicably, whether I use "quick scan" or "full scan", Windows Defender will only scan 4 files, and the scanning process only lasts for a few seconds. May I ask how is this going? How to solve?...
  9. My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files: Every time I am on a site and I right-click and select "save image as..." it saves it as a Rar Zip File. I thought this would change if I used the snipping tool to take photos, it does not. I downloaded a Rar Zip Opener and it did nothing. It simply continued saying...
  10. .rar files

in Windows 10 Customization
    .rar files: When I Try To Open .rar Files Its Not Working PLESE HELP ME[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rar-files/c25d582a-edae-4ea0-8b49-0ca1aa0e02eb