Windows 10: My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?

Discus and support My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Madhavi Gaikwad, May 15, 2024.

1. My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?

My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?

:)

Madhavi Gaikwad, May 15, 2024
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 15, 2024
  3. How can I guarantee Windows defender is working optimally, recover missing files and further secure my data? Help urgently needed!

I performed a full system (Windows 10) scan using Windows defender and Windows defender detected some malware. I tried to view the report of the list of malware found and Windows defender application keeps closing unexpectedly, and keeps doing same each time I try to view the list or try to take an action. I used Norton Antivirus plus to scan my system again and after the scan it reported that eight (8) issues were discovered and resolved. However, I still noticed Windows defender displaying list of malware requiring action and when I try to view the list, window defender closed unexpectedly. Now some files are also missing from my desktop and I want my system to respond optimally (as it is slow). What could be the problems and what steps can I take to secure my system, recover missing desktop files and keep my files safe? Anyone to help, your suggestions and advice is urgently needed please? Thank you for your help!

Ike-Daniel Matthias, May 15, 2024
  4. Ketxxx Win User

My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 15, 2024
Thema:

1. My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file? - Similar Threads - defender working missing

2. My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?: My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-defender-is-not-working-there-is-some/010c1814-9a57-418d-8648-8123c14050da
  3. My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file?: My windows defender is not working, there is some missing file, how to get that file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-defender-is-not-working-there-is-some/010c1814-9a57-418d-8648-8123c14050da
  4. How can I guarantee Windows defender is working optimally, recover missing files and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I guarantee Windows defender is working optimally, recover missing files and...: I performed a full system Windows 10 scan using Windows defender and Windows defender detected some malware. I tried to view the report of the list of malware found and Windows defender application keeps closing unexpectedly, and keeps doing same each time I try to view the...
  5. Windows defender missing files

Windows defender missing files: Hello i noticed that i had missing windows defender files i tried downloading https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates Windows 10 64 bit and i launched it did nothing can i get further support on this? or do i need to fully re-install windows...
  6. missing some important windows files

missing some important windows files: i just accidentally delete windir%/system32 system32 properties advanced.exe file now how can i recover this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-some-important-windows-files/002c4464-928a-470c-a738-9dad36f1ef84
  7. How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?: I have an intrusive file that isn't a virus, but is very intrusive, says I have viruses to force me to buy a "Premium" membership for it. Every time I delete it, it downloads itself back on to the computer. Could anyone help me on this?...
  8. How to get my quarantined file back from Windows Defender?

How to get my quarantined file back from Windows Defender?: I followed the instructions to find the file, added it to the "allowed" list, but Defender will not let me restore it or access it - just shows as quarantined with no option to get it back. I'm going to keep the majority about what I think of this to myself because I don't...
  9. Some DLL Files are missing or corrupted in Windows Defender anti-virus

Some DLL Files are missing or corrupted in Windows Defender anti-virus: I decided to run command prompt with run as administrator right and you will see 5 missing DLL files below. Is that a possibility that I couldn't run Windows Defender as my anti-virus program in my desktop but Widnows Defender firewall is running with no problem? regsvr32...
  10. Windows backup missing some files

Windows backup missing some files: Back in May, I posted a question about Windows Backup needing to be restarted after a Windows update....