Windows 10: My Windows Defender neither completes full scan nor do an offline scan, why is that?

Discus and support My Windows Defender neither completes full scan nor do an offline scan, why is that? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 11 and Ubuntu 22.04 LTS duel boot on a really old pc with a processor intel i3-2350m. Windows 11 system requirements is way higher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amitesh Baral, Dec 6, 2023.

1. My Windows Defender neither completes full scan nor do an offline scan, why is that?

I'm using Windows 11 and Ubuntu 22.04 LTS duel boot on a really old pc with a processor intel i3-2350m. Windows 11 system requirements is way higher than that, I'm aware. I curiously tried and my system took it without any error, and it's been running fluently without any error since June 2023. But some days ago, I downloaded something from internet then I scanned it with virus total as well as with windows defender and it didn't find anything. After that my pc was running ok but was executing random PowerShell commands now and then. I tried running Microsoft offline scan, but it won't run it

:)

Amitesh Baral, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Dec 6, 2023
  3. BTC55 Win User
    Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

My Windows Defender neither completes full scan nor do an offline scan, why is that?

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

My Windows Defender neither completes full scan nor do an offline scan, why is that?

1. My Windows Defender neither completes full scan nor do an offline scan, why is that? - Similar Threads - Defender neither completes

2. My Windows Defender neither completes full scan nor do an offline scan, why is that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Defender neither completes full scan nor do an offline scan, why is that?: I'm using Windows 11 and Ubuntu 22.04 LTS duel boot on a really old pc with a processor intel i3-2350m. Windows 11 system requirements is way higher than that, I'm aware. I curiously tried and my system took it without any error, and it's been running fluently without any...
  3. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  8. Windows Defender Offline Scan Nor Working

Windows Defender Offline Scan Nor Working: Hello, I am having trouble trying too offline scan my PC after it has detected and quarantined a trojan. Except for every time I try to start the scan; 1 I highlight the offline scan option 2I click "Scan" 3I get allow access for windows defender to use PC 4I click yes...
  9. Can’t complete windows defender offline scan

Can’t complete windows defender offline scan: I just bought my laptop a while ago, all the updates are up to date. Just a few weeks a go i got some scam message or maybe virus from a webpage. I did a full scan nothing hits so i tried to do an offline scan but everytime when it gets to 90 something percent it would stop,...
  10. Windows Defender Offline scan does nor run

Windows Defender Offline scan does nor run: Yesterday, in the middle of an offline scan, I cancelled it to do something else. Now it won't run. From the Security Center select Advanced Scans, Windows Defender offline. Click Start Scan. Normal activity, Windows shuts down, black screen. Small Windows Defender Offline...