Windows 10: My windows defender service won't start after an enforced Win 10 home edition update...

Discus and support My windows defender service won't start after an enforced Win 10 home edition update... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please DON'T suggest I do a clean boot, or run system file checker or use the iso fix tool. All tried without success. The issue is that the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Graeme_2709, Mar 3, 2021.

1. My windows defender service won't start after an enforced Win 10 home edition update...

Please DON'T suggest I do a clean boot, or run system file checker or use the iso fix tool. All tried without success. The issue is that the Windows defender service expects to find MsMpEng.exe in sub folder 4.18.2101.4-0 within

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform But that folder doesn't exist.

The two folders in there are 4.18.2101.8-0 and 4.18.2101.9-0 and they both contain MsMpEng.exe. Microsoft have locked permissions down so that I can't copy and rename either of the above and I can't edit the registry key either to make defender point to 4.18.2101.9-0.

So how can I get temp permissions to create a folder name that the service is expecting to find MsMpEng.exe in?

:)

Graeme_2709, Mar 3, 2021
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

My windows defender service won't start after an enforced Win 10 home edition update...

windows defender - services (error 577) [WIN 10]

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Suggest try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    McAfee, Norton, etc) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? Be sure you run the Avast Removal Utility:
    List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in
    this thread: Windows Defender.

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

My windows defender service won't start after an enforced Win 10 home edition update...

1. My windows defender service won't start after an enforced Win 10 home edition update... - Similar Threads - defender service won't

2. Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied: I wanted to install XBOX app but whenever I install it I got the error > looks like something went wrong 0x80073D0A I looked this code and it seems it wants Windows Defender to be on, so I went to check Windows defender but I can't open it, whenever I click it the open with...
  3. Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied: I wanted to install XBOX app but whenever I install it I got the error > looks like something went wrong 0x80073D0A I looked this code and it seems it wants Windows Defender to be on, so I went to check Windows defender but I can't open it, whenever I click it the open with...
  4. Windows Defender service won't start Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. The AMD Crash Defender Service won't start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The AMD Crash Defender Service won't start: Hi all, After several BSOD's and lot's of troubleshooting:(Besides Mem-, HDD diagnostics and more... BIOS latest version, SFC /Scannow, AMD cleanup util., Reinstallation of Graphics card/Chipset/Audio/Network adapters and bleutooth...My system boots up very slow with the...
  6. Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition.: Hi can someone please help.me? My windows defender firewall won't turn on. I can even connect to the internet as the wifi icon is missing even the audio, video, camera and others are not working. I tried the adding mpssvc, scan check file, scan virus, uninstalling third party...
  7. update to windows 1607 win home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update to windows 1607 win home edition: Why am I not getting the next win update 1703? I have win home 1607 My win update continuously tries to update a Feature update to win 1803 unsuccessfully of course. Does any one know how I can fix this?...
  8. Microsoft defender windows 10 home edition

Microsoft defender windows 10 home edition: i do not want windows defender and want to get rid of it when i go to settings>Update&security insted of it saying windows security like ive seen on other peoples computers my settings say windows defender i dont get the option to turn off real time protection or ang itger...
  9. Windows Defender updates failed, service won't start

Windows Defender updates failed, service won't start: The last few days, Defender has been trying and failing to update its definitions. A manual update from Defender fails. Now Defender isn't working. Pressing Defender's Start button gives the message that the underlying service isn't running. The service is set to automatic,...
  10. Windows defender service won't start (build 9860)

Windows defender service won't start (build 9860): Hi there Anybody encountered THIS problem yet (I have no other AV software running). Windows defender won't start. Cheers jimbo 2726