Windows 10: my Windows Defender shows red, i could not activate it again.

Discus and support my Windows Defender shows red, i could not activate it again. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello my PC with widows 10 . windows security does not work. how to reactivate it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThiruthuvaDoss, Feb 22, 2019.

1. my Windows Defender shows red, i could not activate it again.

hello

my PC with widows 10 . windows security does not work. how to reactivate it?

:)

ThiruthuvaDoss, Feb 22, 2019

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Feb 22, 2019
  3. i activate the windows defender but it shows windows potentially unprotected

Whether i activate windows defender but it shows the pc potentially unprotected.

suggest me what to do??

chetanprakash1, Feb 22, 2019
  4. bhaydis Win User

my Windows Defender shows red, i could not activate it again.

Windows Defender Red X

I ran the first scan an no integrity errors were found.

The second suggestion came up with "No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully" and "[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully." The red X on the Windows Defender icon continues.

The issue is that the icon in the notifications tray shows the red X and when I hover over it, it says "Actions needed." Yet, when I open up Windows Defender, all the areas show green Xs and say there are no actions needed. So, the third suggestion above
    only takes me there where there's nothing to be troubleshot, even though the icon says there are actions needed.

Right-clicking on the choices when I click on the icon I get this error message: "Page not available. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item to tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."
    Which makes no sense as this is a personal computer at home. I'm the IT department.

There's got to be something with this April update causing this, as it never happened until then.

bhaydis, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

my Windows Defender shows red, i could not activate it again.

1. my Windows Defender shows red, i could not activate it again. - Similar Threads - Defender shows red

2. I can't activate my windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate my windows defender: i've already done scanning the problem with FRST64.here's the link to FRST.txt, Addition.txt ,and defender.txthttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AiQkR6E8V-8EhBbvc-yv5k6yxSNw?e=g14WkO...
  3. I can't activate my windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't activate my windows defender: i've already done scanning the problem with FRST64.here's the link to FRST.txt, Addition.txt ,and defender.txthttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AiQkR6E8V-8EhBbvc-yv5k6yxSNw?e=g14WkO...
  4. I can't activate my windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I activate my windows again?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I activate my windows again?: I reinstalled Windows 10 using the option to reset my PC in the recovery part of the settings and now my Windows isn't activated. Before I reinstalled it said that I had Windows 10 Pro and it was activated with a digital license linked to my account and now it says that I...
  6. How can I active again my windows defender? Ann error message showing your This setting is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I active again my windows defender? Ann error message showing your This setting is...: My windows defender showing me an error message like "Page not available, your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information" and I can't turn on real time protection...
  7. How can I active again my windows defender? Ann error message showing your This setting is...

How can I active again my windows defender? Ann error message showing your This setting is...: My windows defender showing me an error message like "Page not available, your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information" and I can't turn on real time protection...
  8. How can I active again my windows defender? Ann error message showing your This setting is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows defender showing a red cross sign

Windows defender showing a red cross sign: After the last update of windows 10 windows defender is showing a red cross sign. Although i have restarted my device multiple times then also the same issue persists. Does anybody out there know any solution to fix this problem of mine.I am providing you the screen shots...
  10. I activated my windows 10 but it is now again showing a pop up to activate windows again.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I activated my windows 10 but it is now again showing a pop up to activate windows again.: Hey, I just activated my Windows 10 using a key but now it is again asking me to activate windows and when i again put the activating key the it is not working. Anybody facing the same issue?? what county am i in...