Windows 10: my windows defender wont turn on

Discus and support my windows defender wont turn on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-windows-defender-wont-turn-on/96db1a84-06d3-49d4-96d8-f80b2160842a Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by darranbaldock-vaughan, Oct 29, 2018.

1. my windows defender wont turn on

help please

:)

darranbaldock-vaughan, Oct 29, 2018

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows Defender wont turn on

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

See the reply of quietman7 in windowsdefender wont turn on

If the issue continues recommend you follow the steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware with programs such as the Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Malwarebytes
    and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer. List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Be sure to restart the computer after running such tools.

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antimalware program (which should disable Windows Defender).

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick.

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Is Windows Defender The Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Oct 29, 2018
  4. my windows defender wont turn on

MoxieMomma, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

my windows defender wont turn on

1. my windows defender wont turn on - Similar Threads - defender wont turn

2. My windows defender wont open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows defender wont open.: When I try to open windows defender it gives me a white screen with the windows defender logo and then just closes later. I also cant open it via hidden icons, I already tried resetting the app but still doesn't work....
  3. My windows defender wont open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows defender wont open.: When I try to open windows defender it gives me a white screen with the windows defender logo and then just closes later. I also cant open it via hidden icons, I already tried resetting the app but still doesn't work....
  4. window defender wont turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window defender wont turn on: window defender wont turn on I had bit defender on the PC but deleted it and Windows Defender still wont turn on when you ask it to. I have an HP Envy dv6 with windows 10 that is also having problems getting updates to take. 1903. my last successful was 1703. Maybe to two...
  5. windows defender wont ON

windows defender wont ON: halo, please help me. my defender wont ON[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-wont-on/f8746978-7e33-44dc-950b-4ad9dc6ef57b
  6. Windows Defender wont turn on

Windows Defender wont turn on: I cant start windows defender. At local services, under Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service, give me a message: "The Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service service on local computer started and then stopped....." What to do...?...
  7. Windows Defender Service wont turn on

Windows Defender Service wont turn on: I recently updated my laptop to the new windows 10 update (10th May). The update was good as usual but which going through the services i noticed that the windows defender service is disabled and I can find no way to turn this on. Kindly help me with this issue. Tried...
  8. Real Time Protection in Windows Defender wont turn on

Real Time Protection in Windows Defender wont turn on: HELLO ! I have a problem with my Windows Defender, many times ago i downloaded a file, i dont know that contain virus. Then i finished for downloading. After 1 minutes, my Windows Defender was attackes by that virus, the Real TIme Protection wont turn on back. THe display...
  9. my defender is not turning on

my defender is not turning on: sir i have turned off my windows defender from regedit to activate my win 10. then after activating my win and then i tried to turn it on from regedit. i putted the value to the initial and restarted my system..... but after that my defender is not turning on. i tried alot...
  10. Security wont allow windows defender to turn on

Security wont allow windows defender to turn on: I have a brand new computer just a week old and since my latest insider update (14971) I cannot turn on or update "Windows Defender". I get this error when I attempt to turn on Defender in Settings: THIS APP IS TURNED OFF BY GROUP POLICY to allow this app to run, contact...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to turn on windows antivirus

2. help windows defender will not turn on

3. windows defender antivirus service not able to turn on

4. weve turned on windows defender antivirus message at bottom of screen wont go