Windows 10: My windows desktop view has disappeared

Discus and support My windows desktop view has disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop menu and icons have disappeared on its own 10 minutes. How can I reset it to 4 hours ago?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jo_824, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Jo_824 Win User

My windows desktop view has disappeared

My desktop menu and icons have disappeared on its own 10 minutes. How can I reset it to 4 hours ago?

:)

Jo_824, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Jun 28, 2019
  4. My windows desktop view has disappeared

Desktop view just disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Have you installed any third party application software on your system?

• Do you receive any prompt or error code on your system?

Please follow these steps below to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check, if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check, if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Disclaimer: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

This issue can also occur, when Show Desktop Icons is unselected. To fix this, just turn that option back on. To turn the option back on, follow these steps below:

1. Right click on the desktop on your system.

2. Select View option, then go to Show Desktop Icon option.

3. Make sure that, Show Desktop Icon option is checked and check, if it works.

I would also suggest you to reply with a screenshot of the issue for better understanding of your issue.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

My windows desktop view has disappeared

1. My windows desktop view has disappeared - Similar Threads - desktop view has

2. Desktop has disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop has disappeared: When logging on I just get a black screen but my mouse cursor is there and moves around freely. by using ctr alt delete I can open task manager which shows no activity. then I restart Explorer and then open file location I can then start a desktop app and it works but my...
  3. My desktop has disappeared on my PC

My desktop has disappeared on my PC: My desktop has stopped loading when i open my laptop. Instead the Microsoft/Windows app page loads. No success at all trying to get help from Microsoft, or my PC support...
  4. Desktop has disappeared

Desktop has disappeared: When I switched on laptop tonight I got a Microsoft screen asking me to pin something. I now cannot escape from this Microsoft, or access my desktop. I seem to be going round in circles. I can't even switch off other than by closing the lid...
  5. viewing my desktop

viewing my desktop: my laptop no longer shows my desktop and all the icons, instead i have the full start up , how do i change it back??? it is the Yoga model, I changed into a tablet yesterday and its been like it ever since....
  6. My Desktop has Disappeared

My Desktop has Disappeared: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 updated as of today. Last week, the desktop and task bar suddenly disappeared, I was able to use System Restore to get it back. It disappeared again today and system restore can't be accessed or anything else use the search...
  7. my windows has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my windows has disappeared: How do I get back my windows 10 apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-has-disappeared/83319d2e-53cf-43d5-8ebe-c032849b28ef
  8. Desktop has disappeared

Desktop has disappeared: Following recent updates my desktop has disappeared. I still get the welcome screen but when I sign in the screen goes black with a few icons at the bottom (none of which work when I click on them). These also flash on and off with a little egg-time appearing next to the...
  9. Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer: Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer. I turned my computer off for vacation and when I turned it on, it brought up WIN 7 and it's saying i can't connect to the internet because of a missing network adapter. Any ideas for what happened and what to do?...
  10. Desktop view has become the view of a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop view has become the view of a folder: Running windows 10 for several months but only recently the main desktop view when computer comes onhas acquired the look of a folder only with the normal desktop colors. That is, there is white band across the topwith such things as `| name | Size | Item Type | Date...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop view gone

2. windows 10 desktop view gone

3. desktop view

4. lost desktop program icon after windows update,
  5. desktop view disappeared,
  6. desktop disappeared on microsoft 360,
  7. after last windows update all desktop files disappeared from screen