Windows 10: My windows do not stop resizing when I turn my monitor off. This has been going on for...

Discus and support My windows do not stop resizing when I turn my monitor off. This has been going on for... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue. I used to have an old monitor that was connected to my PC via a DVI cord. Every time this cord would disconnect and reconnect, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sampson373, Sep 2, 2021.

1. My windows do not stop resizing when I turn my monitor off. This has been going on for...

I have an issue. I used to have an old monitor that was connected to my PC via a DVI cord. Every time this cord would disconnect and reconnect, the windows would shift to the top left corner of the screen, completely messing up my layout. This was annoying, and I didn't know why it happened for the longest time, but then I got a new monitor and used an HDMI cord instead. But then every time I turned off the monitor and turned it back on, the windows would resize to the top left of the screen again. I thought going back to the DVI cord might fix it, but then it began to disconnect and reconnect

:)

Sampson373, Sep 2, 2021

2. Repositioning app window on dual monitor, Windows 10

Hi Dreed,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Launch Skype.
    2. Drag the Skype Window to secondary monitor.
    3. Resize the window as per your preference.
    4. Maximize the Window and Restore Down.
    5. Then close the skype window in secondary monitor.
    6. Then try re-launching and check if the issue resolves.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Sep 2, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Sep 2, 2021
  4. YOU
    You Win User

My windows do not stop resizing when I turn my monitor off. This has been going on for...

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • My windows do not stop resizing when I turn my monitor off. This has been going on for... [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• My windows do not stop resizing when I turn my monitor off. This has been going on for... [​IMG]
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

My windows do not stop resizing when I turn my monitor off. This has been going on for...

1. My windows do not stop resizing when I turn my monitor off. This has been going on for... - Similar Threads - stop resizing turn

2. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...
  3. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...
  4. how do i make my windows stop when trying to drag to resize with multiple monitors monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i make my windows stop when trying to drag to resize with multiple monitors monitors?: Hi, in windows 10 when using multiple monitors, if you dragged a window to the top or side of the screen it would stop if the courser was moving slow enough. in windows 11 it just keeps going to the next screen. if i drag it to the right place i get the options to resize the...
  5. how do i make my windows stop when trying to drag to resize with multiple monitors monitors?

how do i make my windows stop when trying to drag to resize with multiple monitors monitors?: Hi, in windows 10 when using multiple monitors, if you dragged a window to the top or side of the screen it would stop if the courser was moving slow enough. in windows 11 it just keeps going to the next screen. if i drag it to the right place i get the options to resize the...
  6. When I turn on my pc the monitor and keyboard go on and off every Few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I turn on my pc the monitor and keyboard go on and off every Few seconds.: Once I turn on my pc, the monitor and keyboar turn on and off every few seconds. The lights and fans all work. Black screen on the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-pc-the-monitor-and-keyboard-go/9379332b-dcfe-43eb-89fe-8746f68ddc96
  7. When I turn on my pc the monitor and keyboard go on and off every Few seconds.

When I turn on my pc the monitor and keyboard go on and off every Few seconds.: Once I turn on my pc, the monitor and keyboar turn on and off every few seconds. The lights and fans all work. Black screen on the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-pc-the-monitor-and-keyboard-go/9379332b-dcfe-43eb-89fe-8746f68ddc96
  8. When I turn on my pc the monitor and keyboard go on and off every Few seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. my computer has been doing this for hours and hours and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my computer has been doing this for hours and hours and I can't turn it off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Goldreddit1356 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mm9hbx/my_computer_has_been_doing_this_for_hours_and/
  10. Windows 10 rearranges and resizes open windows after I turn off my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 rearranges and resizes open windows after I turn off my monitor: Hi I have seen this question posted earlier, but all the suggestions that were helpful to the other users don´t work for me. I have a nvidia graphics card, which is connected to 2 monitors, one is 32:10 with a 5120x1440 resolution, and the other is 16:9 with a 3840x2160...