Windows 10: My Windows Dual laptop/PC shutsdown when plugged out

Discus and support My Windows Dual laptop/PC shutsdown when plugged out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 Dual Laptop//Tablet machine which recently has had the problem of shutting down when I turn off or unplug charger and wont start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GarrettO'Sullivan, Feb 7, 2020.

1. My Windows Dual laptop/PC shutsdown when plugged out

I have a windows 10 Dual Laptop//Tablet machine which recently has had the problem of shutting down when I turn off or unplug charger and wont start up on battery. When plugged in battery shows 83% and no charging but sometimes it shows charging. Any ideas as to what the problem is and how to fix it.

:)

GarrettO'Sullivan, Feb 7, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 7, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

My Windows Dual laptop/PC shutsdown when plugged out

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

My Windows Dual laptop/PC shutsdown when plugged out

1. My Windows Dual laptop/PC shutsdown when plugged out - Similar Threads - Dual laptop shutsdown

2. Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & plugged out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & plugged out.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My laptop charger is plugged off removed from charging port or when My laptop charger is plugged in charging port & charging is...
  3. Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & plugged out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dosen't restart when charger is plugged in & plugged out.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My laptop charger is plugged off removed from charging port or when My laptop charger is plugged in charging port & charging is...
  4. Laptop cuts power when plugged out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cuts power when plugged out: Recently I updated Windows and have noticed that when I plug the cord out of my laptop it cuts power, not shut down. It does not seem to be a a battery issue because when my laptop is not plugged in, it will work just fine. Also when I plug it in, it will charge fine but as...
  5. Laptop cuts power when plugged out

Laptop cuts power when plugged out: Recently I updated Windows and have noticed that when I plug the cord out of my laptop it cuts power, not shut down. It does not seem to be a a battery issue because when my laptop is not plugged in, it will work just fine. Also when I plug it in, it will charge fine but as...
  6. Windows 10 - Dual Screen Shutsdown Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Dual Screen Shutsdown Apps: Hi there,I have been facing some trouble since a windows update from last year. The app I use the most started to crash/shutdown all the time.I originally thought this could be an issue with the app or its plugins, but I did some extensive debugging with that and found no...
  7. Windows 10 - Dual Screen Shutsdown Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Dual Screen Shutsdown Apps: Hi there,I have been facing some trouble since a windows update from last year. The app I use the most started to crash/shutdown all the time.I originally thought this could be an issue with the app or its plugins, but I did some extensive debugging with that and found no...
  8. Windows 10 - Dual Screen Shutsdown Apps

9. Laptop shutsdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutsdown: I am facing few issues in my W10 laptop Ilife Zed.1Without pressing power button when I put for charging,laptop will turn on and shutdown within 2 sec. 2 To turn on laptop at least I need to hold power button for 15sec otherwise it will shutdown.Initially it keeps turning off...
  10. my lenovo laptop shutsdown/restarts when i hit it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my lenovo laptop shutsdown/restarts when i hit it: my lenovo laptop has a sdd when i hit my laptopnot hard it shuts down it does this usually when i hit the place where the keyboard and the touchpad mouse meets it just shuts down pls help...