Windows 10: My windows explorer keeps crashing today for the first time, but has gone on all day. I...

Discus and support My windows explorer keeps crashing today for the first time, but has gone on all day. I... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎2/‎22/‎2019 5:45 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarbaraFriesen, Feb 22, 2019.

1. My windows explorer keeps crashing today for the first time, but has gone on all day. I...

Source
    Windows Explorer

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎2/‎22/‎2019 5:45 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.17763.107
    Application Timestamp: 695ecd5a
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_2593
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.17763.292
    Fault Module Timestamp: 7ded7809
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: PCH_B5_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A01C4
    OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 2593
    Additional Information 2: 2593d59394f48c105e31761d5f90e33f
    Additional Information 3: 34c1
    Additional Information 4: 34c1c462b43b0ada6efd68aecf8dd076

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: e88c9c8e665a59ab23d05231778b743d (1427731454288950333)

:)

BarbaraFriesen, Feb 22, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 22, 2019
  3. tiggeroz Win User
    Internet Explorer Crashing

Hi - I seem to have this issue but am not quite as smart as you so am not sure how to apply your fix :-(... could you please provide an idiot's guide / step by step explanation? Thanks a million.

tiggeroz, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Harvy Win User

My windows explorer keeps crashing today for the first time, but has gone on all day. I...

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

My windows explorer keeps crashing today for the first time, but has gone on all day. I...

1. My windows explorer keeps crashing today for the first time, but has gone on all day. I... - Similar Threads - explorer keeps crashing

2. Windows Updates won't install for the first time today.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates won't install for the first time today.: More PC's / Laptop's found as from today on with those issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install-for-the-first-time/48af5c21-db1b-4928-ac9d-8d9ea129dc07
  3. Windows Updates won't install for the first time today.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates won't install for the first time today.: More PC's / Laptop's found as from today on with those issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install-for-the-first-time/48af5c21-db1b-4928-ac9d-8d9ea129dc07
  4. My PC keep crashing all the time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keep crashing all the time!: Hola, mi PC con windows 11 se crashea todo el tiempoSiempre tengo pantallazos azules con los siguientes codigos de detencion:0x000021aKERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERRORUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTIONEstos problemas ocurren cuando:1- Intento pasar archivos de un disco a otro2- Descargo...
  5. My PC keep crashing all the time!

My PC keep crashing all the time!: Hola, mi PC con windows 11 se crashea todo el tiempoSiempre tengo pantallazos azules con los siguientes codigos de detencion:0x000021aKERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERRORUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTIONEstos problemas ocurren cuando:1- Intento pasar archivos de un disco a otro2- Descargo...
  6. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  7. Windows don't boot first time of the day

Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  8. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Today all normal configs are gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Today all normal configs are gone.: Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of...
  10. Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!: Go backI had already gone back an update, via Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build section > Get started button. This didn't fix it. What are my options to retrieve the files?...