Windows 10: My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Opening A File Thanks To " KERNELBASE.dll"

Discus and support My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Opening A File Thanks To " KERNELBASE.dll" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When Opening A File Sometimes My Entire PC Will Restart Windows Explorer. I Looked In Event Viewer And Got This Error.Faulting application name:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dannym22, Jul 20, 2021.

1. dannym22 Win User

My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Opening A File Thanks To " KERNELBASE.dll"

When Opening A File Sometimes My Entire PC Will Restart Windows Explorer. I Looked In Event Viewer And Got This Error.Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0xe86d289eFaulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0x4809adf2Exception code: 0xc00000fdFault offset: 0x0000000000034ed9Faulting process id: 0x4424Faulting application start time: 0x01d77d9196f520c1Faulting application path:

:)

dannym22, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2021
  4. jsmin Win User

My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Opening A File Thanks To " KERNELBASE.dll"

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Opening A File Thanks To " KERNELBASE.dll" - Similar Threads - Explorer Keeps Crashing

2. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  3. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  4. Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened: I have windows11 22H2, today my file explorer stopped working, when i open it it just hangs and doesn't load the path section and then crashes explorer.exe, is there any way i can find out what causes this without reinstalling windows?Faulting application name: explorer.exe,...
  5. Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe is crashing when file explorer is opened: I have windows11 22H2, today my file explorer stopped working, when i open it it just hangs and doesn't load the path section and then crashes explorer.exe, is there any way i can find out what causes this without reinstalling windows?Faulting application name: explorer.exe,...
  6. File Explorer keeps hanging when it opens

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps hanging when it opens: File Explorer keeps hanging when launching or when resizing the window. Some times it will un-hang by itself after a while if left alone, otherwise it will crash. I had an issue where Windows applications such as Task Manager or Settings where taking too long to launch from...
  7. File Explorer keeps crashing when I open folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer keeps crashing when I open folders: So I am making a mcpe texture pack and when I clicked oh a folder. The explorer window turned white. So I terminated explorer and reopen it to continue with what i was doing. But its starting to get annoying so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. submitted by...
  8. windows explorer crash when opening files windows.storage.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows explorer crash when opening files windows.storage.dll: When some users opens the explorer and browse some folders it starts opening lots of new windows. Moreover if we open files like Word documents or pdf files than the explorer crashes and restarts. It seems to be a user related problem. If another user profiles uses the...
  9. File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening: Totally frustrated. I am a SW developer for the last 20 years... And I cannot open the w10 file explorer without it being crashed or hanged. Sometimes windows will be kind and open it when right clicking and sometimes not. This is totally unbelievable. I even don't feel...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer crashing when opening file