Windows 10: My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files

Discus and support My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive with corrupt files as soon as i plugged into my new computer I'm not able to transfer files in my windows file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by finitehedge, Nov 21, 2020.

1. My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files

I have an external hard drive with corrupt files as soon as i plugged into my new computer I'm not able to transfer files in my windows file explorer cant copy-paste or drag and drop. I used a file explorer alternative and it didn't have any issue.

:)

finitehedge, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Harvy Win User

My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files

1. My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files - Similar Threads - explorer keeps crashing

2. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  3. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  4. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  5. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  6. Windows File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer keeps crashing: My laptop has one issue which is quite troublesome. Whenever I open the windows file explorer it works perfectly fine but then just as I try to delete, rename or move a file or do any other action, the windows file explorer stops responding. I have to close the application...
  7. Explorer Crashing When transferring files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashing When transferring files.: So I've been having a weird thing going on. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer to my problem. Whenever I move files from one folder to another explorer crashes and restarts. The file isn't moved. I did a clean install and it worked fine for a while before...
  8. Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.: Here's a strange one: when attempting to transfer files to or from any external source external drive, network drive, or across the web Windows Explorer crashes. I can execute programs and view files from said sources, just not transfer files in either direction. System...
  9. File Explorer keeps crashing - Cannot Transfer Files; Desktop keeps refreshing

File Explorer keeps crashing - Cannot Transfer Files; Desktop keeps refreshing: Hi Windows community, The problem described in the subject title recently emerged on my desktop computer. I tried a few things found on this forum but I still can't quite solve the problem. I hope some of you can troubleshoot for me. Symptoms: 1. Whenever I use file...
  10. Windows File Explorer keeps crashing

Windows File Explorer keeps crashing: Every time I open my File Explorer and click on a file to open it goes to "not responding". I can't open files from there and go to Task Manager to restart each time. Very frustrating! How do I fix?...