Windows 10: My windows explorer keeps going unresponsive

Discus and support My windows explorer keeps going unresponsive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone can help me look at his because it's tiring. About 20 times per day my explorer.exe will stop working properly. My search bar stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dutch-Alpaca, Jan 27, 2021.

1. My windows explorer keeps going unresponsive

I'm hoping someone can help me look at his because it's tiring. About 20 times per day my explorer.exe will stop working properly. My search bar stops working, the windows button won't do anything either and my taskbar will get locked up. The icon tray bottom right will also stop responding. I did a fresh install a few weeks back and it's still happening. Restarting explorer will fix it for maybe half an hour and then I get to do it again. Any ideas?

I'm using an i7-7820HK with a gtx 1080

submitted by /u/Dutch-Alpaca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dutch-Alpaca, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Boulder Win User

LibreOffice keeps going "unresponsive"

I like to keep 5 or 6 spreadsheets open all the time. Currently on LibreOffice 6.1.1.2 (x64) Since about 3 months and 2 updates ago, it keeps going unresponsive and I have to shut it down, several times a week. I do use hibernate on Windows 10 but not sure if that is causing the problem. The laptop is only otherwise used for browsing.

The spreadsheets are not big and nothing special. A few basic formulae and one spreadsheet has a basic chart. The only other problem I also only recently noticed is that one formula has a delayed update, so I have to change a cell value, a second time, for the formula to be up-to-date, otherwise it reflects the previous value.

I'm thinking of trying an alternative to LibreOffice but would be shame if there is a simple solution to going unresponsive. Any suggestions? (or confrmation if it is a known issue)

EDIT to add: It is after a period of having LibreOffice minimized and I try to "restore" the window, that it goes not responding.

Boulder, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Chewy Win User
    windows explorer keeps rebooting

I took my comp out of the case yesterday because I wanted to get started on painting/modding the chassis.. on first boot I had this issue but after I restarted my comp it went away. Today I go to turn it on and when it gets in windows it just constantly says windows explorer stopped responding and just keeps rebooting windows explorer non stop.

I tried starting windows in safe mod but than it still keeps rebooting and even faster since the system is faster in safe mode.. well when I force shutdown last message that pops up before it turns off is like this.

"0000-00000- something something - cannot read memory" something similar to that.

the mobo is on top of the mobo box I plugged everything back in perfectly but ofc as usual my comp gives me problems.. or just vista lol I dont think my computer likes vista for its always given me problems but this is the software I want to use and wil not go back to xp since it has no dx10.

my mobo has a little bend in it from my zalman 9500 cpu cooler backplate, but I would think that if the memory/ram does not have perfect contact than he comp would not work...

Anyone have suggestions they will be appreciated, I have a headache now lol.

Chewy, Jan 27, 2021
  4. My windows explorer keeps going unresponsive

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

My windows explorer keeps going unresponsive

1. My windows explorer keeps going unresponsive - Similar Threads - explorer keeps going

2. Unresponsive windows surface go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive windows surface go: Hi, my windows surface go is unresponsive. I was using it when the low battery sign came on so i plugged it in to the chargerit is not original and it immediately shut off. I borrowed an original charger and it still has not turned on at all. I tried the holding down the on...
  3. Unresponsive windows surface go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive windows surface go: Hi, my windows surface go is unresponsive. I was using it when the low battery sign came on so i plugged it in to the chargerit is not original and it immediately shut off. I borrowed an original charger and it still has not turned on at all. I tried the holding down the on...
  4. Mouse/explorer unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse/explorer unresponsive: I was in a discord call with a friend when I noticed my mouse wasn't actually clicking. I opened task manager and reset explorer and it didn't seem to solve the issue. The keyboard works fine. I tried tabbing out and couldn't change tabs, and the mouse seemed like it couldn't...
  5. Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps becoming unresponsive: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and ram and upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I'm using a dual monitor setup and have a graphics card installed. I keep having an issue every couple of hours where my computer will start to run very slow. Then after about a...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer unresponsive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer unresponsive: When I open a file from within Word or Excel it opens fine However if I navigate to a file using Explorer it hangs and becomes unresponsive Any ideas on how to fix this...
  7. LibreOffice keeps going "unresponsive"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice keeps going "unresponsive": I like to keep 5 or 6 spreadsheets open all the time. Currently on LibreOffice 6.1.1.2 (x64) Since about 3 months and 2 updates ago, it keeps going unresponsive and I have to shut it down, several times a week. I do use hibernate on Windows 10 but not sure if that is causing...
  8. Windows Explorer unresponsive

Windows Explorer unresponsive: My windows explorer is frozen and I can't fix it. Everything seems to work except the explorer.exe. I tried restarting, sfc /scannow and the first 2 recommendations in this page but nothing worked...
  9. Windows Explorer Unresponsive

Windows Explorer Unresponsive: I am finding that, after an unknown period of time, Windows Explorer becomes completely unresponsive. I cannot open the Start menu or the task manager. The mouse pointer will move around the desktop area; but, the pointer is only what I believe is the cursor file for waiting....
  10. Windows Explorer unresponsiveness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer unresponsiveness: I'm having strange Windows Explorer problems. Right clicking may cause it to freeze up, or attempting to load folders that contain certain file extensions (in particular .iso). Out of curiosity about it, I'd even renamed an existing file to .iso. Though the rename succeeded,...