Windows 10: My windows has detected IP address conflict

Discus and support My windows has detected IP address conflict in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I am getting messages displaying that 'another computer in this network has same IP address as this computer. Contact your network... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wimdows 10 user, Apr 29, 2021.

1. My windows has detected IP address conflict

Recently I am getting messages displaying that 'another computer in this network has same IP address as this computer. Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue.How can I resolve this issue? How can I contact network administrator? How can I change it ? I am worried because I think my IP address is being shared. Please help.-Yours sincerely Windows 10 user

:)

wimdows 10 user, Apr 29, 2021

2. windows has detected an IP address conflict

Hello. You probably want to contact your ISP for this issue as well. Try this fix however which will give you a new IP address:

Press the Windows key and R

The run box will pop up, in here type cmd

The cmd (command) box will pop up, in here type ipconfig /release

Once this has run, type ipconfig /renew

Once this has finished it should have assigned a new IP address

You can also try the fixes listed here for help:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-detected-...

Zackary Vanosdol, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Greg Carmack - MVP, Apr 29, 2021
  4. My windows has detected IP address conflict

2 IP address conflict

Hi Jessirel,

IP address conflict usually occurs after defining a static IP address. To resolve, try following these steps:

Run the Network troubleshooter
    1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    2. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try these things:

• Reset the TCP/IP stack
    • Release the IP address
    • Renew the IP address
    • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache

Run these networking commands in Command Prompt:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

To learn more, please check this article: Fix duplicate IP address conflicts on a DHCP network

Let usknow if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

My windows has detected IP address conflict

1. My windows has detected IP address conflict - Similar Threads - has detected address

2. Windows has detected an IP address conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has detected an IP address conflict: This screen shot showing error message, just came up on my Dell desktop today, 3/24/2022. Prior to that, we had a no internet message so I restarted the Verizon modem and moved to a better signal area. How best to handle? A reply greatly appreciated....
  3. Windows has detected an IP address conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows has detected an IP address conflict: This screen shot showing error message, just came up on my Dell desktop today, 3/24/2022. Prior to that, we had a no internet message so I restarted the Verizon modem and moved to a better signal area. How best to handle? A reply greatly appreciated....
  4. Windows has detected an IP address conflict

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10: Hi Team, In windows 7 we are getting a error message for IP address conflict. In windows 10 this network error message wasn't showing how to enable this. please guide me. regards,Sharan Kumar...
  6. Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10

Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10: Hi Team, In windows 7 we are getting a error message for IP address conflict. In windows 10 this network error message wasn't showing how to enable this. please guide me. regards,Sharan Kumar...
  7. windows has detected an IP address conflict

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows has detected an IP address conflict: another computer on this network has the same IP address as main computer> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict/894e538f-5c7e-4fdb-8186-00492f55b96b
  8. Windows has detected an IP address conflict.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has detected an IP address conflict.: Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. I am not on a network, I have only one computer operating. How do I resolve this issue. Willi....
  9. Windows has detected an IP address conflict and other Network Problems

Windows has detected an IP address conflict and other Network Problems: We are currently running 3 wireless PCs off our small home network. Two are laptops and one is a desktop and all them are using built-in wireless adapters. All have the OS Windows Home 1803. The desktop and my laptop are having regular IP address conflict message boxes...
  10. Windows has detected an IP address conflict

Windows has detected an IP address conflict: Sorry I did not take a picture of this error, but I've been getting it pretty often. "Windows has detected an IP address conflict". It does not seem to cause serious problems, but I'd like to understand the problem. Any ideas? This is a Gateway desktop, operating in a...