Windows 10: My Windows has suddenly been diactivated

Discus and support My Windows has suddenly been diactivated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I bought my HP Envy X360, it came with a Windows 10 Home. I wanted to do some stuff with Docker which required me to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AkinwaleAgbaje, Nov 8, 2018.

1. My Windows has suddenly been diactivated

When I bought my HP Envy X360, it came with a Windows 10 Home. I wanted to do some stuff with Docker which required me to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, and I did that. I went online, paid for the upgrade, and my Windows automatically upgraded. This was many months ago.

Now, to my surprise, there's a "Activate Windows" watermark on the right, bottom side of my screen. The instruction on the watermark says to go to Settings to activate my windows. I did that, and the message I got was: "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C003".

I went to troubleshoot, like the message said, and after running it, I got this: "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home."

Are you kidding me?!?! Is Microsoft playing a prank on me? I have to install Windows 10 Home after I bought Windows 10 Pro from their online store??

Please, does anyone know what's going on here?

:)

AkinwaleAgbaje, Nov 8, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2018
  4. My Windows has suddenly been diactivated

URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

My Windows has suddenly been diactivated

1. My Windows has suddenly been diactivated - Similar Threads - has suddenly been

2. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  3. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  4. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop has been blue-screening all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been blue-screening all of a sudden: Hello,As the title states, my laptop has given me the blue screen of death three separate times in the last month and a half. At first, I thought it was Sims 4 crashing my computer because the first two times occurred while playing the game. However, the last time -- about...
  6. My laptop has been blue-screening all of a sudden

My laptop has been blue-screening all of a sudden: Hello,As the title states, my laptop has given me the blue screen of death three separate times in the last month and a half. At first, I thought it was Sims 4 crashing my computer because the first two times occurred while playing the game. However, the last time -- about...
  7. My PC has been running fun, but suddenly has starting crashing when running games....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been running fun, but suddenly has starting crashing when running games....: Hi all,My computer has been running fine for over a year, and for several months with the upgraded 4070 Ti, but suddenly started crashing on certain games. Particuarly under high CPU load. High GPU load alone seems fine. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  8. My PC has been running fun, but suddenly has starting crashing when running games....

My PC has been running fun, but suddenly has starting crashing when running games....: Hi all,My computer has been running fine for over a year, and for several months with the upgraded 4070 Ti, but suddenly started crashing on certain games. Particuarly under high CPU load. High GPU load alone seems fine. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  9. Suddenly my laptop has been having lag issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my laptop has been having lag issues: Suddenly my laptop has been having lag issues even simple tasks like file explorer takes 10-15 secs to load , it wasn't like this at all. I don't know what has happened but here are some descriptions :1 opening inbuilt apps like file exp , task manager has been laggy2 the...
  10. Suddenly my laptop has been having lag issues

Suddenly my laptop has been having lag issues: Suddenly my laptop has been having lag issues even simple tasks like file explorer takes 10-15 secs to load , it wasn't like this at all. I don't know what has happened but here are some descriptions :1 opening inbuilt apps like file exp , task manager has been laggy2 the...