Windows 10: My windows icons in startup is corrupted

Discus and support My windows icons in startup is corrupted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I fix this? I've been trying to follow the tutorial on fixing the icons in youtube but it won't work, I'm worried that my OS might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 1mpulse, Sep 19, 2020.

1. 1mpulse Win User

My windows icons in startup is corrupted

How can I fix this? I've been trying to follow the tutorial on fixing the icons in youtube but it won't work, I'm worried that my OS might be corrupted. Settings, snip and, sketch microsoft store, and etc, are the one that I have a problem with. Here are the attached pictures of my problem

My windows icons in startup is corrupted 97a4ba21-4b38-4d61-9d7a-7e4995101eaf?upload=true.png

My windows icons in startup is corrupted a1b178b9-23c8-451d-9691-8d3db01c3533?upload=true.png

My windows icons in startup is corrupted 4a0663a5-7c53-4a0b-aedc-5239f36ff2c3?upload=true.png

:)

1mpulse, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Sep 19, 2020
  4. My windows icons in startup is corrupted

corrupted icons

Hi,

If you choose to reset your PC, then yes, as performing a reset will remove any apps or programs that you have installed before. However, we suggest holding off the reset as of yet. We suggest that you
    Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps to help us further isolate this problem.

By the way, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Are the corrupted icons appear only in the start menu?
    • Are the apps still working although the icons appear as corrupted?

Also, please run a full PC scan using Windows Defender. Please see the links below:

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

My windows icons in startup is corrupted

1. My windows icons in startup is corrupted - Similar Threads - icons startup corrupted

2. Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted: Hi, I have a problem where the startup sound is corrupted and it doesn't turn on. Instead it just shows the option in grey color. It plays a weird sound like 3 really fast taps. I installed RevisionOS on Windows. I have Windows 10 pro on a decade old laptop with Intel...
  3. Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted: Hi, I have a problem where the startup sound is corrupted and it doesn't turn on. Instead it just shows the option in grey color. It plays a weird sound like 3 really fast taps. I installed RevisionOS on Windows. I have Windows 10 pro on a decade old laptop with Intel...
  4. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  5. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  6. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Corrupted Windows Apps Icons

Corrupted Windows Apps Icons: Hi, I recently noticed that all the Windows apps I have, mainly the ones coming from Windows Store, have corrupted icons. This problem occurs only when I use search system, though. Outside of that, everything is fine. Also, as you can see from the screen, I have the same...
  8. corrupt icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt icons: I have some legacy programs in a folder off the root whose icons have have become 'default' (a white rectangle). If I rename this folder, the icons magically reappear correctly. Rebuilding the icon cache does not fix the problem! There are more than just five executable...
  9. trouble with my startup icon

trouble with my startup icon: im having trouble getting my startup icon to work on my laptop what can I do to get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/trouble-with-my-startup-icon/86cb967c-357d-40a4-ac4a-4656d93fc262
  10. Icon corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon corruption: Hi, I have a friend who recently upgraded from W8.1 to W10 on an HP laptop. There's been a few glitches since the upgrade; one of which is some icon corruption. Some image files on the desktop that seemed to be fixed by copying and pasting the files and deleting the...