Windows 10: My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help.

Discus and support My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows installation has had major issues. Since Sunday 1/24/21 my windows has been acting strangly. For example, the windows search bar, does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JakeGardner2, Jan 26, 2021.

1. My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help.

My Windows installation has had major issues. Since Sunday 1/24/21 my windows has been acting strangly. For example, the windows search bar, does not function anymore. Once I click on it it just buffers indefinitly. I cannot open Windows Settings or Services, whenever I save a Word document it crashes. Not to mention also that whenever I go to install something I get installation errors and it fails. Whenever I download something Online, I cannot open the file by clicking on it in browser and I have to go to the download folder to open it.

So far I have tried many things to fix this and honestly I have no clue what else to try, I will ist below what I have tried.

1.Running DISM with scanhealth and restore.
    2. sfc/scannow has done nothing for my computer
    3. Preforming a in-place upgrade on my windows installation
    4. Running this command in an admin powershell window "Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register “$$_.InstallLocationappxmanifest.xml” -DisableDevelopmentMode}"
    5. Running anti-malware scans with many diffrent programs. all come up empty.
    6. I ahve disabled all my anti-malware software and windows defender and have done all of these.
    7. Creating an instllation media and going through the repair menu, which at that point it would tell me it could not repair my PC
    8. Booting into safe mode and trying these has done nothing either.

If anyone can help me that would be wonderful as I have no idea what I can do at this point to try to fix my installation. My windows is Windows 10 Home edition if that matters.

:)

JakeGardner2, Jan 26, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 26, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 26, 2021
  4. My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help.

1. My Windows installation has had majors issues that I have not been able to fix, please help. - Similar Threads - installation has majors

2. Please Help: I have been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please Help: I have been hacked: So, mi account got hacked, like a 2 months ago, and i cant get it back, the nametag is <Removed for Privacy> and i dont know why but the email change the direction, i mean it was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** then got hacked and change to *** Email address is...
  3. Major Computer issues please help ASAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Computer issues please help ASAP: So recently i have been having a lot of computer issues, a list of them goes as follows, programs don’t stay after restart or shutdown, settings don’t stay the same after restart or shutdown, freezing, high disc usage or high CPU usage never both at the same time, blue...
  4. Major Computer issues please help ASAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major Computer issues please help ASAP: So recently i have been having a lot of computer issues, a list of them goes as follows, programs don’t stay after restart or shutdown, settings don’t stay the same after restart or shutdown, freezing, high disc usage or high CPU usage never both at the same time, blue...
  5. Major Computer issues please help ASAP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I have not been able to download and install Utorrent.

I have not been able to download and install Utorrent.: I have added utorrent to the list of applications that have been unblocked. I have not been able get to the point where I click ok and I know that utorrent has indeed been unlocked I am running Windows 10 What should I do? Thanks and Stay Safe Burnsey...
  7. PLEASE HELP I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS SEARCH SINCE MARCH UPDATES

in Cortana
    PLEASE HELP I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS SEARCH SINCE MARCH UPDATES: BROOOOOO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP SINCE MARCH UPDATES I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS SEARCH I ALREADY MAKE A QUESTION FOR THIS PROBLEM BUT NO ONE HELPS ME I HAVE ALREADY TRIED ALL THE SOLUTIONS POSSIBLE AND I DONT WANT TO CREATE ANOTHER USER OR RESET WINDOWS AND REINSTALL IT...
  8. Has this issue been fixed yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has this issue been fixed yet?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5xd88y/how_do_i_disable_windows_space_hotkey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 submitted by /u/boraglryz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3a1id/has_this_issue_been_fixed_yet/
  9. Please help me with my wifi issue, I haven't been able to solve it through Google.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me with my wifi issue, I haven't been able to solve it through Google.: Simply my Lenovo laptop runs perfectly fine except it will log me off of wifi out of nowhere. Then the only way for me to get back on wifi is to restart my laptop. I have no clue how to fix this. I'm trying to get a job that will require my laptop to run properly. It's...
  10. My Identity has been stolen, please help

My Identity has been stolen, please help: As I stated, my identity has been stolen and I am going through the processes of securing it. I fear that the hacker my have remote access to my pc. I downloaded a virus, reinstalled windows only to find out that he got my google info (Passwords and all) I am not a computer...