Windows 10: My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one

Discus and support My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just reinstalled my device today and bought licence via a retailer. I'm still waiting for my order to arrive but I realized something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KubilayMetiner, May 23, 2020 at 3:37 PM.

1. My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one

Hello,

I just reinstalled my device today and bought licence via a retailer. I'm still waiting for my order to arrive but I realized something strange. On the activation screen in settings I see my windows is activated with a licence linked to my Microsoft account. I don't remember buying or upgrading Windows before. I had a Dell branded laptop 7 or 8 years ago and it had a Windows 7 Home licence. My current OS is Windows 10 Pro. How is this possible? The device I'm using is a freedos device. Could it be a some kind of trial licence?

Thank you.

:)

KubilayMetiner, May 23, 2020 at 3:37 PM

2. Windows Digital licence transfer

Hi,

hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC (almost everything apart from BD and case!) and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is
    invalid. From memory the old licence was associated to an old Windows 8.1 licence I bought many years ago.

Is there anyway to utilise the digital licence. The only licence on my account I can use is a licence associated to a laptop that I actively use. Although the old PC is listed as have a digital licence.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated

Thanks

GordonWilkie, May 23, 2020 at 3:41 PM
  3. Windows Digital licence transfer

4. My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one

About windows 10 pro activation

The windows 10 pro was not activated it was showing an error code still from 2 days and also asking product key/digital licence for activation but i don"t have any product key/digital licence

ravulapalli suresh naidu, May 23, 2020 at 3:41 PM
Thema:

My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one

1. My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one - Similar Threads - activated digital licence

2. Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence: I did the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 some time ago; must be 4 years. All has been working perfectly until recently I lose activation almost daily. Running the activation troubleshoot reactivates my windows but only for a day oir so before it once again becomes...
  3. say I have digital licence but not activated

say I have digital licence but not activated: I am getting same problem it was upgraded from 8.1 ran all above it keeps giving the error and says trouble shoot which say it has a digital licnce upgrade now it reboot and still the same ------------------ Licensing Data ---------------- ToolVersion : 10.0.18362.1...
  4. I have a digital licence but Windows is not activated after the format.

I have a digital licence but Windows is not activated after the format.: Hello there. I have a digital Windows 10 license. Before the format, I had an original Windows. When I installed Windows again, I thought it would match and activate my Microsoft account, but it didn't. I click "Troubleshoot" and "Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware...
  5. I don't remember my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't remember my password: Hi. I can log in to my computer with pin code but I don't want to use that code anymore. I've tried to change it so many times but I need to know my password for it. But the real problem is I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. I can't see the hint for my password, I can't do...
  6. I don't know where to find my Digital Licence & Product Key .

I don't know where to find my Digital Licence & Product Key .: Hi , I want to ask where do I find my PK or DL , For up to now , The Activation Pop-up keeps on showing . It's just so annoying , I got this Windows 10 Enterprise from a DVD , And I searched and read everything that was in the package , But to no avail...
  7. digital licence

digital licence: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"
  8. Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence

Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence: Hello there I have a windows 10 pro digital licence registered to my pc , I have changed the hard drive and of course I do not have a Windows 10 CD , so I borrowed my friends windows 10 pro disc and reloaded that onto mine and I choose will register later , so all well up...
  9. Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Windows 10 digital licence activation issues: Good day My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly. Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version. Please advise how...
  10. Buying a Windows licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying a Windows licence: I'm buying a Windows license and I have a choice between getting a physical license and a digital license. I'm wondering if there's any significant difference between the 2? Could I upgrade my PC at a later date with both of them? How many devices does one license...