Windows 10: My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one

Discus and support My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just reinstalled my device today and bought licence via a retailer. I'm still waiting for my order to arrive but I realized something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KubilayMetiner, May 23, 2020.

1. My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one

Hello,

I just reinstalled my device today and bought licence via a retailer. I'm still waiting for my order to arrive but I realized something strange. On the activation screen in settings I see my windows is activated with a licence linked to my Microsoft account. I don't remember buying or upgrading Windows before. I had a Dell branded laptop 7 or 8 years ago and it had a Windows 7 Home licence. My current OS is Windows 10 Pro. How is this possible? The device I'm using is a freedos device. Could it be a some kind of trial licence?

Thank you.

:)

KubilayMetiner, May 23, 2020

2. Windows Digital licence transfer

Hi,

hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC (almost everything apart from BD and case!) and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is
    invalid. From memory the old licence was associated to an old Windows 8.1 licence I bought many years ago.

Is there anyway to utilise the digital licence. The only licence on my account I can use is a licence associated to a laptop that I actively use. Although the old PC is listed as have a digital licence.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated

Thanks

GordonWilkie, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows Digital licence transfer

PutraNakal, May 23, 2020
  4. My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one

About windows 10 pro activation

The windows 10 pro was not activated it was showing an error code still from 2 days and also asking product key/digital licence for activation but i don"t have any product key/digital licence

ravulapalli suresh naidu, May 23, 2020
Thema:

My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one

1. My windows is activated with a digital licence but I don't remember buying one - Similar Threads - activated digital licence

2. Can't activate windows on my device because it says that i don't have valid digital licence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows on my device because it says that i don't have valid digital licence...: My computer originally running a Windows 10 Ver. But about last year I got notification that my device was qualified to upgrade for Windows 11. it's been a year i'm using this system, and recently my system keeps asking me to activate my product manually and I alway do...
  3. Can't activate windows on my device because it says that i don't have valid digital licence...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows on my device because it says that i don't have valid digital licence...: My computer originally running a Windows 10 Ver. But about last year I got notification that my device was qualified to upgrade for Windows 11. it's been a year i'm using this system, and recently my system keeps asking me to activate my product manually and I alway do...
  4. I lost my digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I lost my digital licence: Hi, i have a dell laptop and it had windows 10 activated but i didnt link it with a microsoft account. Then i formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows using the media creation tool, now it says that its not activatederror 0xc004f213Did i lose the license?...
  5. Problem: Activation with Digital Licence

Problem: Activation with Digital Licence: Hi,I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro that died. I have replaced fixed the PC with new hardware, and reinstall Windows 10 Pro using the tool provided by Microsoft. When I tried to activate the new installation of Windows 10 Pro onto the new hardware is asking me for the product...
  6. Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence

Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence: Hi I am having a Problem activating a Windows 10 digital Licence, my HDD went caput so have bought a new one , I installed windows 10 on it from a friends retail disc and went through the set up and everything went fine, it loaded all the updates , then it asked me to sign...
  7. "Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence" but I didn't activate it

"Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence" but I didn't activate it: I recently bought some old hardware to build a PC. Almost all parts except the hard drive and GPU is bought second hand. The hard drive is from a old HP PC which had Windows 7 preinstalled by HP, but I deleted all partitions including the "System Recovery" partition before...
  8. Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence

Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence: I did the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 some time ago; must be 4 years. All has been working perfectly until recently I lose activation almost daily. Running the activation troubleshoot reactivates my windows but only for a day oir so before it once again becomes...
  9. say I have digital licence but not activated

say I have digital licence but not activated: I am getting same problem it was upgraded from 8.1 ran all above it keeps giving the error and says trouble shoot which say it has a digital licnce upgrade now it reboot and still the same ------------------ Licensing Data ---------------- ToolVersion : 10.0.18362.1...
  10. Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence

Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence: Hello there I have a windows 10 pro digital licence registered to my pc , I have changed the hard drive and of course I do not have a Windows 10 CD , so I borrowed my friends windows 10 pro disc and reloaded that onto mine and I choose will register later , so all well up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is activated with a digital licence