Windows 10: My windows is broken after factory reset

Discus and support My windows is broken after factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After i did a factory reset, the start button stops working, i cant open file it says "an attempt was made to refrence a token that doesnot exist" this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gabriel Ferdinand, May 22, 2020.

1. My windows is broken after factory reset

After i did a factory reset, the start button stops working, i cant open file it says "an attempt was made to refrence a token that doesnot exist" this was me trying to open recycle bin there's only recycle bin in desktop, can,t connect to internet, audio doesnt work, canr start sfc scan. I tried many things, even resetting a few times to no avail. Can someone help me with this problem?

:)

Gabriel Ferdinand, May 22, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, May 22, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 22, 2020
  4. My windows is broken after factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 22, 2020
Thema:

My windows is broken after factory reset

1. My windows is broken after factory reset - Similar Threads - broken factory reset

2. I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...: i factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after the update the hdmi isnt working and i cant see the screen on my tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-laptop-that-has-a-broken-screen/4493b3f6-d835-4057-9675-ab3c8923de96
  3. I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...: i factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after the update the hdmi isnt working and i cant see the screen on my tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-laptop-that-has-a-broken-screen/4493b3f6-d835-4057-9675-ab3c8923de96
  4. Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset: So I did a factory reset on my Windows 10 PC and now the installer is broken and Windows deactivated itself. When I tried to download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 I got a error 0x80070641. Those are the logs [2278:2390][2022-05-14T21:18:01]i001: Burn...
  5. Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset

Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset: So I did a factory reset on my Windows 10 PC and now the installer is broken and Windows deactivated itself. When I tried to download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 I got a error 0x80070641. Those are the logs [2278:2390][2022-05-14T21:18:01]i001: Burn...
  6. Windows deactivated itself and Windows installer is broken after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc broken after factory reset HELPPPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc broken after factory reset HELPPPP: Hey! So my computer froze during a factory reset, a microsoft employee told me to hold the power button for 10 seconds and my computer is now completely broken. it wont boot correctly and just shows the HP logo then restarts over and over again until it goes into a system...
  8. Pc broken after factory reset HELPPPP

Pc broken after factory reset HELPPPP: Hey! So my computer froze during a factory reset, a microsoft employee told me to hold the power button for 10 seconds and my computer is now completely broken. it wont boot correctly and just shows the HP logo then restarts over and over again until it goes into a system...
  9. Pc broken after factory reset HELPPPP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. My pc is completely broken after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc is completely broken after factory reset: Hi. So I factory reset my computer that came start dard with windows 10. I did the advanced reset where everything gets wiped. Now everytime I boot it up I get a "preparing windows" notification which lasts about 5 minutes i then get put onto a screen which says...