Windows 10: My windows is laggy and the folder icons aren't loading sometimes.

Discus and support My windows is laggy and the folder icons aren't loading sometimes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Helios 300 with 16 Gigs of ram and an SSD. For the past few months its been laggy, My hard drives and SSD are nearly full. Still have 15 GB's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CleverD3vil, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:07 AM.

1. My windows is laggy and the folder icons aren't loading sometimes.

I have a Helios 300 with 16 Gigs of ram and an SSD. For the past few months its been laggy, My hard drives and SSD are nearly full. Still have 15 GB's left in the SSD tho.

Here are some pictures that will give you an idea of what i am talking about. Sometime it takes forever to load and sometimes it doesn't fully load all the things in an explorer.

Pics - https://imgur.com/a/DFAPZSw

Could it be Virus or is it something else? I don't use a virus guard, i just have windows defender.

submitted by /u/CleverD3vil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CleverD3vil, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:07 AM
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

My windows is laggy and the folder icons aren't loading sometimes. [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:10 AM
  4. wolf2009 Win User

My windows is laggy and the folder icons aren't loading sometimes.

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

Thema:

My windows is laggy and the folder icons aren't loading sometimes.

1. My windows is laggy and the folder icons aren't loading sometimes. - Similar Threads - laggy folder icons

2. windows sometimes loads very very slow sometimes works.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows sometimes loads very very slow sometimes works.: soo long story short. i been having problems with my pc. i would record game plays then pc would freeze. hard reset try it again and it would freeze. then sometimes it would work fine no problems. now it would freeze after inputting my password to windows. it would load a...
  3. The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same.: [ATTACH] The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same and I can't figure out a way to make them the same. On my old computer they were the same and I set everything up the same way as the old computer. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  4. laggy windows

laggy windows: I am experiencing stutter in video playback on browser as well as vlc media player after 1903 update today what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laggy-windows/cc0b17dd-0f91-4bda-8844-35ae8ccb2174
  5. a few of my games aren't loading in, or just stop loading in entirely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a few of my games aren't loading in, or just stop loading in entirely.: a few of my games aren't loading in, or just stop loading in entirely. i play steam, paladins, and doki doki. it won't let me load in any of these, i've tried restarting and uninstalling paladins and doki doki but i need to go to steam to do it but it won't do anything....
  6. My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My screenshots aren't going to my screenshots folder: A while back I accidentally moved the screenshots folder into a USB and when I returned the file I found out the whenever I take a screenshot it not only doesn't go to the folder but is nowhere to be found nowhere to be found...
  7. Random bsod sometimes during work sometimes when windows loads

Random bsod sometimes during work sometimes when windows loads: Hello. I have a dell laptop with windows 10. and i have random bsod sometimes during work sometimes when windows loads. The last bsod said DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL nwifi.sys. I will attach the dmp file . Thanks. wanted to add that i updated the wifi driver to the...
  8. Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes: Hi, I have this issue with Win10 with a very laggy and choppy dragging of windows or files. I have a Logitech M510 wireless mouse with a nano reciever. I made a video of this problem in action. The window stutters, and sometimes the mouse pointer stops for a second. As you...
  9. Windows says icons are on the Desktop that aren't there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows says icons are on the Desktop that aren't there!: So, I installed a game, deleted it, removed all remnants of it (including on the Desktop), and yet, after reinstalling it—when making a shortcut of it and putting it on the Desktop—Windows says that the shortcut for it is already there, which, it isn't. I mean, what's up with...
  10. Extremely Laggy Login, Desktop Environment Loading

in Windows 10 Support
    Extremely Laggy Login, Desktop Environment Loading: Less than a month ago, I purchased a new HP Spectre x360 laptop, which was functioning just fine until very recently. A few days ago the device arbitrarily started taking extremely long times to get off the login screen(about thirty to forty seconds, compared to the usual one...