Windows 10: My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on

Discus and support My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]You can see whats wrong in the screenshot. The colors are messed up, everything is highlighted with the light blue color and i cant see buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eskedyr, Mar 22, 2019.

1. eskedyr Win User

My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on

My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on d7722b94-186d-4295-b427-25c1939dce38?upload=true.png You can see whats wrong in the screenshot. The colors are messed up, everything is highlighted with the light blue color and i cant see buttons on chrome popups. If anybody knows how to fix this then please help

:)

eskedyr, Mar 22, 2019

2. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    High Contrast Will Not Turn Off

Hi Emily,

To help you better please provide us with the below information.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Which build is currently running on your computer?

What troubleshooting steps have tried to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you refer to the below article and Post, check if it help in addressing your issue.

Turn on high contrast mode

How do you turn off High Contrast on Windows 10?

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Darshan J, Mar 22, 2019
  4. My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on

High contrast setting

Click Start > Settings > Ease of Access > High contrast

Toggle off 'Turn on high contrast'

Andre for Directly, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on

1. My windows is showing some parts of the high contrast setting even though it is not turned on - Similar Threads - showing parts high

2. High contrast mode shows an error when turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    High contrast mode shows an error when turning off: so yesterday I was playing a bit with high contrast mode, I had played with it before but it had never gotten stuck, I was just testing out some colors and when I try to turn it back on, it says:This theme can't be applied to the desktop. Try clicking a different theme....
  3. Some settings aren’t available in High Contrast mode – Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Some settings aren’t available in High Contrast mode – Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are times when kids in our house or we accidentally press certain keys […] This article Some settings aren’t available in High Contrast mode – Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. High contrast turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High contrast turning on: Each time I log into my computer a screen appears with the high contrast on, I dunno what it is because I never use the contrast on my PC. At least I think it has to do something with the contrast? Sometimes it stays in for a few seconds and it goes back to normal but...
  5. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  6. turn off high contrast screen setting

turn off high contrast screen setting: I turned on high contrast accessibility setting to see what it did. I don't like it, so switched the slider to the off position, but the apply button is greyed out - I can't turn off high contrast and therefore cannot get my display back to the way I want it. [ATTACH]...
  7. High Contrast Setting Brilliant

High Contrast Setting Brilliant: Just a tip to Windows 10 users . I only found this accidently . Go to Settings then Personalise Colours then with the Dark Theme also selected click on HIGH CONTRAST. It is absolutely Fantastic makes a World of a difference to the whole Layout and look of Windows is...
  8. high contrast settings

high contrast settings: Is there a way to get normal color setting without high contrast just like windows 98 SE. 125154
  9. Turning off High Contrast

Turning off High Contrast: My grandson turned on high contrast a few days ago. I was able to get it turned off but yesterday it came back on and I can't turn it off. It's rather annoying and makes some screens difficult to read. I have tried changing the theme in ease of access settings, then...
  10. My struggle to set a high contrast theme

My struggle to set a high contrast theme: One of the first things I always do for a new OS or a new build is to set a nice high contrast theme. That helps me a lot to see things. In Windows 8.1 and in Mint Mate that is very easy and convenient. In Windows 7 it is a bit trickier for the color selection. Now I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. High contrast is on even though its not on?