Windows 10: My Windows Key On My Keyboard Isn't Working

Discus and support My Windows Key On My Keyboard Isn't Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Dell G7 15 7500 laptop that has Windows 10 Home. I started using my laptop for three/four days now, and everything was working fine. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pracheth, Apr 5, 2021.

1. pracheth Win User

My Windows Key On My Keyboard Isn't Working

I use a Dell G7 15 7500 laptop that has Windows 10 Home. I started using my laptop for three/four days now, and everything was working fine. However, after the first two days my Windows key hasn't been working. When I press it, nothing happens. I have tried every method I found online, such as editing the registry, turning off game mode, restarting my computer, updating drivers, installing updates, etc. Nothing I do seems to work. How should I fix this?

:)

pracheth, Apr 5, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 5, 2021
  4. My Windows Key On My Keyboard Isn't Working

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

My Windows Key On My Keyboard Isn't Working

1. My Windows Key On My Keyboard Isn't Working - Similar Threads - Key Keyboard Isn't

2. My Windows Key isn't working on my second keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Key isn't working on my second keyboard: The Windows key works only on my laptop's keyboard, the problem is it doesn't work on my 2nd keyboard, every time I play something and I need to press the Windows key for alt tab, it works better for me only works on my laptop keyboard and not the other one. I've reinstalled...
  3. My Windows Key isn't working on my second keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Key isn't working on my second keyboard: The Windows key works only on my laptop's keyboard, the problem is it doesn't work on my 2nd keyboard, every time I play something and I need to press the Windows key for alt tab, it works better for me only works on my laptop keyboard and not the other one. I've reinstalled...
  4. My Windows Key isn't working on my second keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My keyboard isn't working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My keyboard isn't working: I was cleaning my keyboard and I think I pressed a combination of keys and now escape up until f2 and down don't work so escape f1,f2,2,w s, x and behind those keys all don't work if I press w it does qw and if I press s it does sa what do I do?...
  6. My keyboard isn't working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard isn't working!: My keyboard started acting up this afternoon. For some reason the keys don't match what I'm typing there I cannot use the number keys the down arrow left arrow. When I press keys multiple letters come up as if I type them. I have tried removing sticky keys and anything else...
  7. My Keyboard isn't working!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Keyboard isn't working!: Okay, I need some help. For context, I have a preloaded Windows 7 laptop that I switched to Windows 10 installed W10 and now the keyboard isn't working. I did try to refurbish it/clean it and I think the chemicals messed it up. I am trying to use the on-screen keyboard until...
  8. A key isn't working on my keyboard and it's not the keyboard that is broke.

A key isn't working on my keyboard and it's not the keyboard that is broke.: I've plugged my keyboard into another computer, and it still works. If I plug it into my main one, the "b" key stops working. Thanks for the help!...
  9. My o Key Isn't Working on Any Keyboard

My o Key Isn't Working on Any Keyboard: A couple days ago my o key stopped working. I thought this was a dead key at first, but after a while, I realized Ctrl + o works fine! I tried re-installing all my drivers AND tried another keyboard. They both had the same problem! on another PC, they both worked fine! After...
  10. My windows key on keyboard isn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows key on keyboard isn't work: Hello everyone. I have problem on my keyboard it is my windows key or start key not working what can i do ?? My laptop is HP Omen the windows key still work for 2 weeks and stop work and the Shortcuts like windows key + R to open Run program isn't work. I don't know is this...