Windows 10: My Windows Laptop is not connecting to my home router

Discus and support My Windows Laptop is not connecting to my home router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I am running into an issue where my windows 10 laptop is not connecting to my home router. In fact I am not seeing my SSIDs in the wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TRAR123, Jul 23, 2020.

1. TRAR123 Win User

My Windows Laptop is not connecting to my home router

Hello

I am running into an issue where my windows 10 laptop is not connecting to my home router. In fact I am not seeing my SSIDs in the wireless networks, but I have other networks around my house showing up. I have other devices in my home which are working fine. I am able to connect to my phone via hotspot. The problem started occurring after last update of the wireless drivers from dell support website. I tried to roll back the driver update and still no luck. I can connect to the router via wired. I had also rebooted the router and the problem persisted.

Can anyone help please

Thanks

TR

:)

TRAR123, Jul 23, 2020
  2. BobbyAre Win User

Cannot connect to my new router

Just got a new router at home.

Have two laptops.

The Windows 7 laptop connects wirelessly to the new router. So, the router is good.

The Windows 10 laptop connects wirelessly to the old router at work. So the windows 10 laptop is good.

But ... the windows 10 laptop cannot see my new router at home.

What should I try next?

Thanks,

if it helps -- the windows 10 laptop CAN connect to the router with an ethernet cable. So my problem is wireless.

and, the windows 10 laptop DOES list the routers it knows about. but it doesn't know about my new router. Maybe I have to tell it about it somehow?

BobbyAre, Aug 3, 2020
  3. TRAR123 Win User

Hello

I am running into an issue where my windows 10 laptop is not connecting to my home router. In fact I am not seeing my SSIDs in the wireless networks, but I have other networks around my house showing up. I have other devices in my home which are working
    fine. I am able to connect to my phone via hotspot. The problem started occurring after last update of the wireless drivers from dell support website. I tried to roll back the driver update and still no luck. I can connect to the router via wired. I had also
    rebooted the router and the problem persisted.

Can anyone help please

Thanks

TR

TRAR123, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Beerlord Win User

Can't connect to my router

Tried a straight cable from pc to router with no luck. Read suggestions for 2 hours and nothing has changed. My fear of resetting is if it still won't let me get into the router, how can I make the changes needed for my home network? So for now, I'm not doing that as everything is working but direct router connection.

Beerlord, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. My Windows Laptop is not connecting to my home router - Similar Threads - Laptop connecting home

2. When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the...: When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the connection is lost. The router works fine if connected with my other laptops or android devices. Definitely there is no problem with the router according to me but whenever I connect it to the...
  3. Not my router trying to connect incoming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not my router trying to connect incoming: Hi there. I need help being assured that this is not anything to worry about even though its not my router name. It says its a "sagemcom broadband sas" that tries connecting to my pc from 192.168.0.1, this is nowhere near what my router is. My router is not from that company...
  4. Windows can’t find my home router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can’t find my home router: I can see all the other routers of my neighbors but it won’t find mine. Just today I installed a WiFi card on my desktop and it worked fine enough to download Tor and Brave browsers, then nothing. I already checked and the problem is from Windows because with other OS’...
  5. Connection to PC on same router as my laptop

Connection to PC on same router as my laptop: Hi, I cannot see files on my wifes PC from my laptop. We are both on Windows 1909 mine 64 bits my wife's 32. We are using the same router. We used to be able to see each other files. I can see and use the printer connected to my wife's PC but no files only Users containing...
  6. Unable to Connect to a Laptop on my home network

Unable to Connect to a Laptop on my home network: Hello :) I've been struggling for some time tying to create a shared drive on a desktop pc running windows 10. This is so that my wife can access a file on our laptop that's on the same home network as the desktop. All attempts to do this give the error "Network path not...
  7. getting my lenova laptop to connect to my zyxel router

getting my lenova laptop to connect to my zyxel router: hi has anybody got any idea how to connect my lenova to my zyxel router. am looking for the security key so I can connect but cannot access it. can anybody help. its my first laptop that I bought this Christmas. thank you....
  8. My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi

My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with Windows 10. This morning, the WiFi stopped working in the house for a few minutes, but then eventually came back online. But since it came back online, my laptop won't connect to the WiFi. All the other devices in the house (a Samsung Galaxy,...
  9. Can't connect to my router

Can't connect to my router: Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using 192.168.1.1 I check ipconfig and that is the gateway and what I've always used. I've changed nothing since last week when it was...
  10. Can't connect to my router

Can't connect to my router: Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using 192.168.1.1 I check ipconfig and that is the gateway and what I've always used. I've changed nothing since last week when it was...