Windows 10: My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.

Discus and support My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I hit restart on my laptop because it was running a bit slow and it after that it didn't boot to windows. It booted into the recovery environment and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/5tarGazr, Feb 27, 2021.

1. My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.

I hit restart on my laptop because it was running a bit slow and it after that it didn't boot to windows.

It booted into the recovery environment and the startup repair gave me a log SRTTrail.txt saying that a recently serviced boot sector was corrupt with an error code 0x905, 0x82f and now 0x825. (It says Uninstall latest LCU as rhe repair action) It wouldn't boot to safe mode, and none of the other boot options worked. Not even uninstalling updates. I don't have a system restore point or a system image I can use.

I then used command prompt to use commands like dskchk and sfc. I also used the bootrec, bootsect commands with absolutely no luck. I did the same thing done here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/5a7c62f9-6399-40f4-a73b-4174ba0af564?page=1

I also got a windows boot media usb and tried repairing it from that with no luck. For sometime it didn't boot even to the recovery environment. I have no idea what the problem is. Could someone PLEASE HELP.

submitted by /u/5tarGazr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/5tarGazr, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 28, 2021
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

4. My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.

Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.

1. My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart. - Similar Threads - Laptop won't boot

2. My laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't restart: HiMy laptop won't restart when I select that option or when updates are installed and it reboots.It acts as if it has turned off, the displays go into low power mode, but it doesn't appear to switch off, but I can't use it, the screen goes black and I can't reactivate it with...
  3. My laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't restart: HiMy laptop won't restart when I select that option or when updates are installed and it reboots.It acts as if it has turned off, the displays go into low power mode, but it doesn't appear to switch off, but I can't use it, the screen goes black and I can't reactivate it with...
  4. My laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop won't restart: So i have this Dell Latitude E6320 i really need to update this laptop but the problem is it doesn't restart, Once i click the restart button the screen turns off but the keyboard light is still on, it stays like that forever. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  6. My Laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop won't restart: So i have this Dell Latitude E6320 i really need to update this laptop but the problem is it doesn't restart, Once i click the restart button the screen turns off but the keyboard light is still on, it stays like that forever. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  7. My Laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot up after restart: PC stuck on boot when I restart it, and because of that, I need to shut down my PC from the button. I can't update my PC because of that and it giving me an error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. How to fix it. Thank you...
  9. HP laptop won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop won't boot up after restart: All I simply did was try to reinstall Power DVD 16 and now it won't boot. Can't hit any of the F keys either. No matter what I hit, as soon as I turn it on, it goes to please wait and then keyboard selection and either troubleshoot or turn off your pc. Anybody have any ideas?...
  10. Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart: I haver an Aspire V5-561p model that always crashes everytime I restart it. I started having this problem on reboot a few weeks ago and it was fixed with a ''restore point'' but yesterday after a restart, Windows 10 would't boot and I had to do a full System reset with files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. srttrail 0x905