Windows 10: My Windows live mail account

Discus and support My Windows live mail account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows Live Mail has changed. I can only access the Inbox. Previously I could see the Junk Mail box - Deleted - and loads of Storage folders. HELP!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pamob, Jan 8, 2020.

1. pamob Win User

My Windows live mail account

My Windows Live Mail has changed. I can only access the Inbox. Previously I could see the Junk Mail box - Deleted - and loads of Storage folders. HELP!

:)

pamob, Jan 8, 2020

2. Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Dilbert Win User
    Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Jan 8, 2020
  4. My Windows live mail account

Windows live mail in windows 10

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I recommend that you repair your Windows Live Mail. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel and when viewed by
      Category,
      go to Programs and click on
      Uninstall a program.

-or-

When viewed by Large or Small icons select and click on Programs and Features.
    • Please look for Windows Live Essentials.
    • Click Uninstall/Change in the menu bar above the program list.
    • Select Repair all Windows Live programs.
    After doing these steps, please reconfigure your email account in Windows Live Mail. Complete instructions will be found in the link below:

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

Anannya Podder, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

My Windows live mail account

1. My Windows live mail account - Similar Threads - live mail account

2. live mail setup for gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail setup for gmail accounts: i followed the setup for windows live mail setup for my new gmail account ...... but when done it fails getting my gmail folders because the server is rejecting my login ,,, any ideas?...
  3. live mail setup for gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail setup for gmail accounts: i followed the setup for windows live mail setup for my new gmail account ...... but when done it fails getting my gmail folders because the server is rejecting my login ,,, any ideas?...
  4. Suddenly my Windows LIve Mail account is not sending mail from my hotmail account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my Windows LIve Mail account is not sending mail from my hotmail account.: Windows Live Mail will not send mail from my hotmail account, but will send mail from my gmail account.Here is the message:An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test' Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 204.79.197.212 204.79.197.212:587,...
  5. Suddenly my Windows LIve Mail account is not sending mail from my hotmail account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly my Windows LIve Mail account is not sending mail from my hotmail account.: Windows Live Mail will not send mail from my hotmail account, but will send mail from my gmail account.Here is the message:An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test' Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 204.79.197.212 204.79.197.212:587,...
  6. Adding an account to Windows Live Mail 2012

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding an account to Windows Live Mail 2012: I am trying to add my wife's gmail account to Windows Live Mail which I have used successfully with my own gmail account for a couple of year now. Although we have checked the settings a number of times it continually comes up with the error message "The server has rejected...
  7. change photo on windows live mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    change photo on windows live mail account: Hi all, I have tried several times to change the photo that appears to anybody when I send an email to them. I have windows 10 and windows live mail 2012 version. If anyone can help me to change photo it would be great. Thanks....
  8. windows live mail is rejecting my google email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail is rejecting my google email account: I get the following message: AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure) Configuration: Account: Gmail (mgpittman22) Server: imap.gmail.com User name: mgpittman22 Protocol: IMAP Port: 993 Secure(SSL): 1 Code: 800cccd1 This has been going on...
  9. windows live 2012 e-mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live 2012 e-mail account: this picks up my messages from my provider, but suddenly is downloading all of my read and deleted posts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-2012-e-mail-account/fbfffd40-7dbc-4cff-acd6-99d8d66fc91d
  10. Do I need a Windows Live Account to use Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Do I need a Windows Live Account to use Windows Live Mail?: Title says it all. I've never needed one before as far as I know until I installed Windows 10 however. 21685

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft error code 800cccd1

2. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL imap login failure repair;ERROR CODE:800CCCD1