Windows 10: My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...

Discus and support My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cant even put in my password help please... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mathew R, May 3, 2023.

1. Mathew R Win User

My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...

I cant even put in my password help please

:)

Mathew R, May 3, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 3, 2023
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, May 3, 2023
  4. AlphaUMi Win User

My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...

Lockscreen without password

Thank you again Edwin, I've tried what you suggested. But the only thing that happens is that the display turns off. The lockscreen isn't affected at all. I can lock the computer on demand with Win+L key if I want, but the issue remains: Windows asks me for the password.

Smartphones with Android, that are more at risk of theft or security issues allow you to disable password if you want to. But this is a home computer. I begin to think Microsoft took the definition of "lockscreen" in the strongest way.

EDIT: I do not have a "Sign in" button. I have a text field for password insertion. Maybe you do not have set up a password at all?

AlphaUMi, May 3, 2023
Thema:

1. My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting... - Similar Threads - lockscreen wont press

2. My key wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My key wont work: I bought a copy of Windows 10 years ago. I bought it from the microsoft store. It came on a USB drive. I had to reinstall Windows 10. It will not activate with the key that came with the USB drive. I have tried both over the phone and online. It simply will not activate. Is...
  3. My key wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My key wont work: I bought a copy of Windows 10 years ago. I bought it from the microsoft store. It came on a USB drive. I had to reinstall Windows 10. It will not activate with the key that came with the USB drive. I have tried both over the phone and online. It simply will not activate. Is...
  4. My key wont work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...: I cant even put in my password help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-lockscreen-wont-work-i-press-any-key-to/a2904bf0-fb8a-40ba-905b-d5714d8c101f
  6. My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...

My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...: I cant even put in my password help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-lockscreen-wont-work-i-press-any-key-to/a2904bf0-fb8a-40ba-905b-d5714d8c101f
  7. My windows key keep pressing by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows key keep pressing by itself.: Hi , My windows key button keeps pressing on its own, it just started suddenly yesterday I thought it was hardware issue so I cleaned it but the result was still the same , it is like as if it is constantly pressed. I've tried to update my keyboard driver , I have uninstalled...
  8. My windows key keep pressing by itself.

My windows key keep pressing by itself.: Hi , My windows key button keeps pressing on its own, it just started suddenly yesterday I thought it was hardware issue so I cleaned it but the result was still the same , it is like as if it is constantly pressed. I've tried to update my keyboard driver , I have uninstalled...
  9. My windows key keep pressing by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.: No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.If I am trying to reboot my system in safe mode then also it is not working because I am not able to write anything.It seems like the virus has taken over my laptop completely. Also I have...