Windows 10: My Windows Mail will not open. Possibly due to Windows update

Discus and support My Windows Mail will not open. Possibly due to Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows mail will not open. Possibly due to a Windows update received 2 days ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tony020, Nov 18, 2019.

1. tony020 Win User

My Windows Mail will not open. Possibly due to Windows update

My Windows mail will not open. Possibly due to a Windows update received 2 days ago.

:)

tony020, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. My Windows Mail will not open. Possibly due to Windows update :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 18, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. My Windows Mail will not open. Possibly due to Windows update - Similar Threads - Mail open Possibly

2. Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers: My computer has recently been crashing a lot, giving errors such as:Reason Code: 0x80010001 Shutdown reason "hardware maintenance"I've done some research, I've updated as many drivers as I can, but the problem persists, even though now it only occurs while gaming.Now, in...
  3. Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers: My computer has recently been crashing a lot, giving errors such as:Reason Code: 0x80010001 Shutdown reason "hardware maintenance"I've done some research, I've updated as many drivers as I can, but the problem persists, even though now it only occurs while gaming.Now, in...
  4. Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Issues Due to Windows 10 Update Possibly?

PC Issues Due to Windows 10 Update Possibly?: Hello, I've been having multiple issues with my desktop all week and after scratching my head for a few days, would like to get someone's advice on the problems. Here is what I'm currently experiencing: I cannot open applications without them closing up again within...
  6. Audio crackling/popping. Possible issue due to latest Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio crackling/popping. Possible issue due to latest Windows 10 update?: Hi, these crackles and pops have started only recently. I've been getting them often whenever I'm casually listening to music, or playing games. The random and sudden crackles are insanely annoying. I'm speculating that it has to do something with the latest windows...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App unable to open searched for email due to scrolling search.

Windows 10 Mail App unable to open searched for email due to scrolling search.: When I search for an email from someone it is finding the emails okay but when I click on an email to open it the program scrolls all the way to the end without opening the email. Any ideas on how to fix it? I have uninstalled the App and reinstalled it and it made no...
  8. Control opening mail in Windows Live Mail

Control opening mail in Windows Live Mail: I upgraded to Windows 10. I use Windows Live Mail. When I open a message, it is opening a tab in Chrome instead of just opening the message w/o using a Windows IE type of message display. AND, when I close the message it is automatically opening the next message instead of...
  9. continued upgrade error with Windows Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 - possibly due to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continued upgrade error with Windows Update to Windows 10 Version 1903 - possibly due to...: Hello everyone, I have been trying every now and then for about a year now to update my Windows 10 to version 1903 but it fails every single time with the error 0xc1900101. I read several threads on this website about this topic and tried at least some of the suggestions...
  10. windows mail will not open

windows mail will not open: Windows mail will not open. Message says check play store for more info. can't find info on how to open mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-mail-will-not-open/d3371d11-531f-44aa-bf30-f21599f64879